Has anything actually worked?

Guest 4-2-N-8

1 hour ago, kayehall said:

Problem is people pre -set their expectations and then are not pleased.  Think about it...no dishes to do, no food to cook, no beds to make, no bosses at work to please, people serving you left and right to make sure you are satisfied.  Take in the wonder of the beautiful scenery that God has created, what an amazing sight.  Un-wad those undies and appreciate what you have the privilege to be able to experience.  There are many who will never be able to do so.  Merry Christmas

My expectations were set by my previous fabulous =X= cruises.   Any cruise will get you away from work and dishes.  My response to Presto 2 was about my experience vs his/hers, and the difference an SV cabin may have made.  We were in AQ on Edge.  Blu is in a terrible location on E class and offers little value compared to the 4 MDR venues.  

• Thanks 1

If this is your first Celebrity cruise, you will spend time either comparing it to other lines you've been on or just taking it in if you're on on your first cruise.  

Your second X cruise you will spend comparing it to your first.

By the third one, you'll fully realize how inconsistent the product is.  Know that, accept it for what it is, and you'll tend to be more pleased with the overall experience.  I often have issues with that, myself.  I don't find it unreasonable to think that the bartenders should make the same drink the same way, for example, but you often will not find that on X.

OP, if you have been traveling in this level of suite on other lines, I think you'll find a lot you like but probably a lot that doesn't compare to other lines, especially if they're the upmarket ones.  

• Thanks 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
1 hour ago, dlh015 said:

Truly, setting one's expectations based on comments here, either good or bad, is setting oneself up for disappointment.

I'll create a "Disappointment Complaints Department."

But, if everything goes swimmingly with my experiences on board, I will be disappointed that I'm not disappointed (due to all the disappointing reviews).

However, in order to comply with the premise of this site, I'll complain about no room for complaints.

Having said all this, I'm now going to need to create a "Department of Redundancy Department" in order for me to track all criticisms of the redundant variety.

Whew, this criticism stuff is getting exhausting.

Edited by 4-2-N-8

4 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Having said all this, I'm now going to need to create a "Department of Redundancy Department" in order for me to track all criticisms of the redundant variety.

The most iconic redundancy in broadcast history IMO:" ONCE AGAIN, immunity is BACK up for grabs."  Pick one, Mr. Probst.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Lillibet16 said:

Thanks for the positive review. I’ll be on the Beyond in January and am really excited about it! I do get a little nervous reading some of the things here (creaking cabins especially), but am not an experienced enough cruiser to pick up  on some of the things that more experienced cruisers notice. 

You’ll have a great time!  Frankly, barring getting sick or something of that sort I don’t know how someone could have anything less than a great time.  There’s so much to do.  The ship is beautiful.  There’s places to be “in the action” and plenty of places to relax.  One funny thing about the creaking sounds.  I had read about that so I was a little concerned.  Well, the second night the boat started rolling and then I started hearing a sound each time we rolled.  So then I was kind of panicked that the sound was coming to fruition.  It was annoying but I eventually slept thru it.  So the next night it starts again so I decide to search it out.  Look all over the place and then finally figure out that two cans of Pepsi in the fridge were on their side and were rolling back and forth with the boat.  So finally I had found the culprit and had no more random cabin sounds the rest of the week.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

We sailed the Edge TA this Spring and loved it!  But I will say we had a "real" veranda--Sunset.  The food was terrific in Normanie, the ship was spiffy looking and the music stellar.  We had friends w an IV and I will admit that would not be me.....alas, Sunset verandas have to up, up, up.

My DH had a bad attitude before sailing.  We booked it 2 years ago pre-pandemic.  Well, he said it was our best cruise ever!  How is that for positive??

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2022 at 8:43 AM, 4-2-N-8 said:

Ok, so I am curious...

What with all the criticisms and complaints and problems leveled against Celebrity on this site, has anyone successfully made it through an E-class ship cruise that they'd consider was at least good?

I'm trying out Celebrity next month and in August, and based upon all the consternation from so many on this site, my initial enthusiasm for this line has faded.

Just curious. Peace to all.

The Edge class ships seem to bring out strong feelings that can swing either way.

A lot depends on what a guest's expectations are and what You Like on/in a cruise ship.

I think anyone who has not formed an Opinion should Try one.

For myself it was One and Done and never again.

We were on Edge in February. For our preferences it was a great ship. The bright, sunny Retreat Lounge is a great modernization from the cigar club decor of yesterday on M and S class.  Ships designed and built 10-20 years ago can only be so forward looking. We greatly enjoyed the Michael's Club on Reflection last week though the Edge feel is more to our liking. Edge felt more expansive to us. Vertical space really opens up. That said, I expect everything to evolve. Some new stuff I like better. Some, not so much.  Keep updating your own perspective and appreciate that in others.  All in all we like Celebrity as the best outcome based on our coefficients in the formula. Yup, another darn engineer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, walkersandtalkers said:

My DH had a bad attitude before sailing.  We booked it 2 years ago pre-pandemic.  Well, he said it was our best cruise ever!  How is that for positive??

Hahaha....that is so great that he experienced such a turnaround ☺️    Was it maybe because of his attitude pre-sailing that it made it easy to beat expectations?  We are sailing in June with a couple who have never cruised and never had any desire to but because of Covid said to heck with it, let's try it!  I'm almost hoping they go in with an attitude of "we won't like this" and thus will be pleasantly surprised.

On 12/4/2022 at 9:43 AM, 4-2-N-8 said:

Ok, so I am curious...

What with all the criticisms and complaints and problems leveled against Celebrity on this site, has anyone successfully made it through an E-class ship cruise that they'd consider was at least good?

I'm trying out Celebrity next month and in August, and based upon all the consternation from so many on this site, my initial enthusiasm for this line has faded.

Just curious. Peace to all.

Sadly there social media attracts mostly negative comments.  A small problem gets exaggerated and posted anonymously.   Do those who had a great experience post about that?  Not usually.  They post about the drink.not made the way the prefer.

10 hours ago, Reel Love said:

16 hours ago, flviking said:

We were on Edge in February. For our preferences it was a great ship. The bright, sunny Retreat Lounge is a great modernization from the cigar club decor of yesterday on M and S class.  

But for those of us not sailing in a suite, the bright sunny Retreat Lounge is not open to us.  My major complaint with the E class, as mentioned before, is that there is no longer a "bright, sunny Sky Lounge" in the front of the ship.  I really miss that venue found on the M and S class ships.  It seems that location is now only for suite guests to enjoy.

Edited by jmfdr
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, D. B. said:

The Edge class ships seem to bring out strong feelings that can swing either way.

A lot depends on what a guest's expectations are and what You Like on/in a cruise ship.

I think anyone who has not formed an Opinion should Try one.

For myself it was One and Done and never again.

I would guess it will not be your last cruise on an Edge Class ship.  Let’s circle back in a few years.

• Haha 1

Just off the Edge and I loved the ship. Stayed in a suite and loved having the private Retreat sundeck. The Edge is my favorite ship so far. We had a balcony, but I can see why people wouldn't like the infinite veranda rooms. 

• Like 1

We now only cruise in Sky Suites and love the S Class ships, however the E Class ships take booking a suite and the Retreat to another altogether level of luxury.  We have sailed in NCL Haven and HAL Neptune Suites, but they are not even close to the Celebrity Retreat product in both price and facilitiy amenities.

Guest 4-2-N-8
5 minutes ago, keysey222 said:

Just off the Edge and I loved the ship. Stayed in a suite and loved having the private Retreat sundeck. The Edge is my favorite ship so far. We had a balcony, but I can see why people wouldn't like the infinite veranda rooms. 

I just hope that chair hogs don't overtake the Retreat chairs on the sundeck.

I'm going to hate to have to wake at 3am every day to put my stuff on the chairs I want to prevent others from hogging the chairs that I want.

I mean, c'mon.

Unlike chair hogs, I will actually USE my chairs (after I wake at 8am, have breakfast, work out in the gym, get a massage, do a shore excursion, have a mid-afternoon lunch, then stop by the bar for a drink).

Those are my chairs! I've been in them all. day. long. You can see my stuff is on them!!! 

Just now, 4-2-N-8 said:

I just hope that chair hogs don't overtake the Retreat chairs on the sundeck.

I'm going to hate to have to wake at 3am every day to put my stuff on the chairs I want to prevent others from hogging the chairs that I want.

I mean, c'mon.

Unlike chair hogs, I will actually USE my chairs (after I wake at 8am, have breakfast, work out in the gym, get a massage, do a shore excursion, have a mid-afternoon lunch, then stop by the bar for a drink).

Those are my chairs! I've been in them all. day. long. You can see my stuff is on them!!! 

I couldn't agree more! I can't speak for all sailings, but there was ample room on the Edge retreat deck. The side by the pool was a bit more crowded than the one with just open deck, but there was always a ton of seating. It was heavenly up there! 

On 12/8/2022 at 3:54 AM, jagoffee said:

I would guess it will not be your last cruise on an Edge Class ship.  Let’s circle back in a few years.

Absolutely Never again on an Edge class ship.

so many things I Did Not like about it so I will stick with the S and M class ships.

in fact I am onboard Eclipse now and love it.

• Like 1