2023 Health Requirements and Protocols

Ipeeinthepools

For 2023 cruises

From correspondence members of my roll call have received the protocols have been decided but not all pages reflect the new protocols.  According to these messages every thing should be updated by end of this week

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2022 at 5:50 AM, Daniel A said:

If the test needs to be done within 3 days of embarkation, does that mean a test can be done on the 15th for a sailing that embarks on the 18th? Or would the 16th be the earliest that the test can be done?

Embarkation is Day 0 

So if you embark on Sunday

One day before - anytime on Sat

Two days - Anytime on Fri

Three days - Anytime on Thurs

When they specify hours - they usually be you count the hours from the assigned embarkation time - but that is fuzzy.  

In Practice - once they see the big NEGATIVE - they move on quickly - never see them flyspeck times - or dates for that matter. 

Verifly is more stringent of course

• Like 1

Our Feb 24 14 day South America cruise is Standard but the other 5 cruises on the Oosterdam bracketing our trip are all in South America all require enhanced so we lucked out there.

I was trying to work out why but I see the other trips are 22 days and include Antartica so maybe going to the ice requires a test? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ukpylot said:

Our Feb 24 14 day South America cruise is Standard but the other 5 cruises on the Oosterdam bracketing our trip are all in South America all require enhanced so we lucked out there.

I was trying to work out why but I see the other trips are 22 days and include Antartica so maybe going to the ice requires a test? 

We are discussing it in the Volendam roll call.  Some are speculating it is Brazil but I am waiting until a later date to see what really happens. 

15 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Embarkation is Day 0 

So if you embark on Sunday

One day before - anytime on Sat

Two days - Anytime on Fri

Three days - Anytime on Thurs

When they specify hours - they usually be you count the hours from the assigned embarkation time - but that is fuzzy.  

In Practice - once they see the big NEGATIVE - they move on quickly - never see them flyspeck times - or dates for that matter. 

Verifly is more stringent of course

Thank you for your post.  Before I saw it, I had the following chat about this with HAL.  I've attached a copy of the chat below.1262470694_ScreenshotHALChat12062022(2).thumb.jpg.ae9371e0b851329138e2ea6cb9550426.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTVCRUISER said:

I am thinking maybe no test if you are just doing the January 7th to 14th Mexico part of the cruise ? Not going to the  Hawaii  part of it 

Let's hope!  I imagine we will find out closer to the time.

16 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I absolutely concur...  the port personnel will barely glance at test results! 

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Thank you for your post.  Before I saw it, I had the following chat about this with HAL.  I've attached a copy of the chat below.1262470694_ScreenshotHALChat12062022(2).thumb.jpg.ae9371e0b851329138e2ea6cb9550426.jpg

An easy way think about it is if they say one day before that would be the day before.  Then back up to the 2nd and 3rd day, and there's your answer.

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

An easy way think about it is if they say one day before that would be the day before.  Then back up to the 2nd and 3rd day, and there's your answer.

It was their poor wording that had me wondering.  If they said the test needs to be done at least three days before embarkation day, then it would have been much clearer.  When they merely said 3 days before embarkation that left it more open to different interpretations.  Whatever, it's all good now.  😄

• Like 1