Driving to Fort Lauderdale. Where to stay around Atlanta?

PRINCESS Sweet Pea

We are planning to drive to the port, and want to use Marriott points to stay somewhere in Georgia, at Atlanta or just south.  I am trying to use the Marriott web site, but using it's search and maps is frustrating.  Does anyone here know of one of the nicest Marriott hotels to stay at.  We have plenty of Marriott credit to use, but want to avoid the downtown Atlanta locations with al of the traffic, and the crazy high parking fees there.

Check out the Morrow/Stockbridge/Jonesboro, Georgia area or even as far south as Macon. I agree with you about Atlanta hotel and parking prices and you definitely want to wake up south of the city to avoid morning traffic. You can use the map feature on hotels.com to see what hotels including Marriott properties are in that area, even if you actual book your hotel from the marriott.com website.

I suggest that you find something as far south of Atlanta as possible.  Early morning traffic is awful, and it doesn't seem to be dependent on which way you are going...so going south can be just as crowded as any other direction.