Anything new at specialty restaurants (S-class)?

Alsmez

We're finally getting back on board in May on Eclipse, after a 4-year cruising hiatus. It's been five years since our last S-class cruise, so I wanted to see if anything has changed at the specialty restaurants. We plan to eat most of our dinners in Murano, with a token trip to Tuscan. Sushi on 5 for lunch a time or two. We might try Petit Chef just for kicks, though I have to say neither the menu nor the concept interest me much. The menus on the X website look to be exactly the same as 2018 - any changes that haven't made it to the site yet? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Alsmez
Spelling

Didn't notice much change on the Eclipse in September.  Happy with my Murano lobster, always excellent. New animation at Le Petite Chef, enjoyed the show and meal more in 2019.  Did not do Tuscan last trip, many on board at the consensus that was not worth it. Probably stick with Murano next cruise  

5 hours ago, Alsmez said:

We plan to eat most of our dinners in Murano, with a token trip to Tuscan. Sushi on 5 for lunch a time or two. We might try Petit Chef just for kicks, though I have to say neither the menu nor the concept interest me much. The menus on the X website look to be exactly the same as 2018 - any changes that haven't made it to the site yet? Thanks in advance!

We will be doing much the same on Eclipse in 4 weeks, not expecting any significant changes but will update here in there is anything to report...

We sail in March for the first time in 5 years as well. Back on the Eclipse (for the third time), menus for the specialty restaurants don't look like they have changed. We will dine at Tuscan Grille with the first night discount (I've never had a bad meal there across three different ships) and we will try Le Petit, though I agree the menus do look, quiet, average - though the experience sounds fun.  The speciality restaurants are quite expensive taking into account currency exchange (Australian), so we will stick with the main restaurant for most of the sailing. 

We sailed on Equinox and enjoyed all the specialty restaurants, including Le Petit chef.  They actually have two different menus per week- so you can decide which works best for you.  They will also substitute courses as my DH doesn't eat any seafood and they offered him a different menu.  We aren't sushi people and do not eat at sushi on five.   Tuscan and Murano were good.  

42 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Does a price increase count?

LOL, yes - although the multi-night packages still seem to be a decent deal at under $40 pppd if you buy one for most nights as we do ($224 for 6 nights). We aren't fans of the MDR so we either choose a multi-night package or sail AQ (for Blu) or a suite. Upgrading to AQ over a regular balcony is around $250 at the moment on our particular sailing, so it would be a wash price-wise, but we much prefer Murano to Blu. Plus, we wanted an aft balcony for AK and there are no AQ aft balconies on Eclipse. 

We were in a suite on our last cruise (Summit) but prices have skyrocketed since then. While we enjoyed the suite experience and Luminae, we can't justify paying double what we'll pay for our aft balcony plus nightly specialty dining for Luminae and the Retreat.