Two Oasis class in Nassua today

BillOh

Its probably happened but I've never seen to Oasis class ships in the same port.  Harmony and Wonder in Nassau today.  Along with Carnival Elation, two Celebrity ships, and Explorer, this might be a record for post shut down cruise passengers?

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

O class has always used the outer pier. Maybe with the recent extension they can make it work?

Wonder is coming in now, will see which one parks in the new extension, guessing Harmony since she was first in. 

17 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Harmony took the extension and Wonder is behind her.

image.png.642828aa60cd8ce91210a252b41b7d6b.png

This map didn't show Celebrity Beyond on the starboard side of Reflection, First time I have seen Beyond

5 hours ago, BillOh said:

Harmony took the extension and Wonder is behind her.

image.png.642828aa60cd8ce91210a252b41b7d6b.png

This is so cool.

We sailed on Oasis which used extension. In Solarium we were SO close to Atlantis!

• Like 2

I am now not arguing with people when they say "I am not getting off at Nassau!!!". It is getting much nicer than it was (we stopped there 6 times in 2021-2022), but lets people think it is bad! 🤣

28 minutes ago, Tatka said:

I am now not arguing with people when they say "I am not getting off at Nassau!!!". It is getting much nicer than it was (we stopped there 6 times in 2021-2022), but lets people think it is bad! 🤣

My biggest complaint about Nassau -- and I know I'm not alone in this -- was navigating through the overzealous "straw market" vendors in order to get out of the port.  If they have mitigated that hassle in some way, with the new port construction, I'd be more inclined to actually leave the ship there.    Sure hope they have!

I remember a few years ago when the Bahamas' Minister of Tourism bemoaned the fact that cruise passengers were...ambivalent (being polite)...about visiting Nassau.   To which I'd have replied "Minister, take a quick cruise out of S. Florida and visit your capital that way.  You will then understand."  🙂  

11 minutes ago, Pellaz said:

My biggest complaint about Nassau -- and I know I'm not alone in this -- was navigating through the overzealous "straw market" vendors in order to get out of the port.  If they have mitigated that hassle in some way, with the new port construction, I'd be more inclined to actually leave the ship there.    Sure hope they have!

I remember a few years ago when the Bahamas' Minister of Tourism bemoaned the fact that cruise passengers were...ambivalent (being polite)...about visiting Nassau.   To which I'd have replied "Minister, take a quick cruise out of S. Florida and visit your capital that way.  You will then understand."  🙂  

Straw Market is a separate building. We do not go there even though it looks nicer now.

We leave the port turn to the right and walk 15-20 mins to Junkanoo beach. Absolutely no problem at all. Beach is right next to new Margaritaville hotel. It can be crowded at times, but otherwise clean and fine.

We used to hope in taxi or watertaxi and go to Paradise Island either to Atlantis or Cabbage beach, but now we have another option.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tatka said:

Straw Market is a separate building. We do not go there even though it looks nicer now.

At one time before the construction you HAD to wade through a crowded area with "overanxious" vendors, which I think was the straw market.   It was...annoying.  

9 hours ago, Tatka said:

We leave the port turn to the right and walk 15-20 mins to Junkanoo beach. Absolutely no problem at all. Beach is right next to new Margaritaville hotel. It can be crowded at times, but otherwise clean and fine.

Yep, my only concern at Junkanoo has been leaving our belongings on the beach unguarded while we went into the water.  

9 hours ago, Tatka said:

We used to hope in taxi or watertaxi and go to Paradise Island either to Atlantis or Cabbage beach, but now we have another option.

Back in the good ol' days you could go over to Atlantis and walk in as far as the Royal Towers lobby ("The Great Hall of Waters"), but now you get stopped at the exit from the Crystal Shops unless you have a wristband or a hotel key. 

I just fly over and stay at Comfort Suites for a few days every November -- much cheaper than staying at Atlantis itself and you still get full access to Atlantis and Aquaventure.  

As for Cabbage Beach, I'm not totally sure how to get to it aside from going through Atlantis...despite the fact that it is a public beach.  

5 hours ago, Pellaz said:

At one time before the construction you HAD to wade through a crowded area with "overanxious" vendors, which I think was the straw market.   It was...annoying.  

Yep, my only concern at Junkanoo has been leaving our belongings on the beach unguarded while we went into the water.  

Back in the good ol' days you could go over to Atlantis and walk in as far as the Royal Towers lobby ("The Great Hall of Waters"), but now you get stopped at the exit from the Crystal Shops unless you have a wristband or a hotel key. 

I just fly over and stay at Comfort Suites for a few days every November -- much cheaper than staying at Atlantis itself and you still get full access to Atlantis and Aquaventure.  

As for Cabbage Beach, I'm not totally sure how to get to it aside from going through Atlantis...despite the fact that it is a public beach.  

In Junkanoo we just rent chairs (not lounges as we are in the water most of a time) and put them in the first row on a border with Margaritaville. 

In Atlantis we used to pay $40 and spend time in aquariums area (underground and above) OR we asked driver to bring us to Cabbage beach. Last time (Christmas 2019) we went to Atlantis they allowed us to walk not only near aquariums, but in water park too, just not to use slides. 

We also tried Cable beach near Baha Mar resort, but didn’t see much advantage over Junkanoo. 

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

In Junkanoo we just rent chairs (not lounges as we are in the water most of a time) and put them in the first row on a border with Margaritaville. 

In Atlantis we used to pay $40 and spend time in aquariums area (underground and above) OR we asked driver to bring us to Cabbage beach. Last time (Christmas 2019) we went to Atlantis they allowed us to walk not only near aquariums, but in water park too, just not to use slides. 

We also tried Cable beach near Baha Mar resort, but didn’t see much advantage over Junkanoo. 

I like it over at Junkanoo. I think it has a nice vibe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I like it over at Junkanoo. I think it has a nice vibe.

And last time I checked, the Bikini Tiki Bar at Junkanoo was TripAdvisor's  #1-rated attraction on all of New Providence Island!  😄  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pellaz said:

And last time I checked, the Bikini Tiki Bar at Junkanoo was TripAdvisor's  #1-rated attraction on all of New Providence Island!  😄  

I think it used to be the water tower back when it was open and you could climb to the top to take in the view.🙂

• Like 1