Breakaway has two tender ports

cruisinmeme

We are on b2b in January on the Breakaway and was not aware of the tender ports but I do see them listed on the main NCL page.  They are not listed in our itinerary as tender ports and we have never had to tender in Roatan and only once in Cozumel. So thinking they may be tendered if too many ships in port.

We are cruising on the Breakaway in late February and I just saw Cozumel and Roatan are now tender ports. Does any one know which dock in Cozumel they tender to.... planning a beach day at Nachi Cocum or Mr. Sanchos and want to make sure there will be no problems.

Thanks for any info....

9 minutes ago, charlnel said:

We are cruising on the Breakaway in late February and I just saw Cozumel and Roatan are now tender ports. Does any one know which dock in Cozumel they tender to.... planning a beach day at Nachi Cocum or Mr. Sanchos and want to make sure there will be no problems.

Thanks for any info....

Usually punta langosta 

14 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

I just noticed our cruise has tender port for Roatan & Cozumel. I have to say for close to trips to Cozumel we only tendered once. That was with carnival. Best i remember Roatan only accommodates two ships. Is 2 of the 4 ports being tender rare.

Wait until you get your eDocs 21 days prior to departure for the final docking status. We are on the Prima and the website said tendering in Cozumel and Roatan. EDocs updates to Docked at all ports. And I can confirm that we docked at Roatan yesterday. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Wait until you get your eDocs 21 days prior to departure for the final docking status. We are on the Prima and the website said tendering in Cozumel and Roatan. EDocs updates to Docked at all ports. And I can confirm that we docked at Roatan yesterday. 

Just checked my eDoc for next week, all 4 ports show DOCK. So I guess that's good news. I'm sure things can change, but hopefully that means no lifeboat tenders this trip. Wasn't really planning on doing much in port but it's nice to be able to walk off and walk around the shopping areas. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Great news. I have mobility issues and I freak out getting on and off the tender. 
have fun!

• Like 1

I’m on the 11 Dec breakaway. Did a mock booking and now get a pop-up showing itinerary changes; Roatan and coz showing as tender which I had not seen before. EDocs still show all ports docked, so hopefully bird is correct. I rather enjoy the cruise ship canyon at the coz dock, and would rather not tender. Guess we’ll know for sure in a few days!

Could be possible works planned at one of the piers or there’s more ships arriving earlier than breakaway. Be warned tendering from breakaway can be a mess depending on your fellow guests obeying their ticketed times or not. Basically if you have an early tender ticket walk straight past all the idiots in the queue who didn’t bother to get a ticket and are blocking your access to the assembly area. 

A cruise mapping website shows only 4 in port on 9 Dec; 1 at 0700, breakaway and glory at 0900 and reflection at 10. Wouldn’t think 4 in port at coz would necessitate tendering, unless as mentioned above, something like construction/maintenance.

23 hours ago, LincolnLog said:

Where is it listed whether it’s going to be docked or tendered? I don’t see anything about it on my reservation. 

It should be on page 3 of your booking confirmation agreement. There is an area that lists the itinerary as well as whether the ship will be at a "dock" or "tender" port for that particular cruise.

23 hours ago, LincolnLog said:

Where is it listed whether it’s going to be docked or tendered? I don’t see anything about it on my reservation. 

Look at the itinerary and right beside the time in port it has tender port for our jan8-15 breakaway cruise for roatan and Cozumel