Price adjustment issue due to magic/venezia ship switch

shof515

If you have a booking that was switched from the magic to venezia, be very very careful when you submit price adjustments. when you submit the early saver form online and get approved, double check the new confirmation email that was sent to you. Look at the payment due dates under payment schedule. If you see 14/Nov/2022 as due date, there is something very very wrong with your booking. For example:
image.png.58c9ea521b6623cd326fd554d8ac8efc.png

When this happens, the booking instantly gives removed from your carnival account. If you try to add it back, you will get an error message about something like booking number not found or something like that and if you try to pull up your booking using the make payment button on the carnival website, you will also get an error message about invalid booking number not found or something like that 

If this happens to you, take action right away and call carnival or your pvp as soon as possible. Failure to take action right away will cause your booking to get canceled. after the booking is canceled, you will get an email that says the booking is canceled due to a lack of deposit 

I learned this the hard way. It took a 1 hour phone call to get my booking restored and everything back to normal. Expect to wait a long time on hold because the carnival person needs to transfer you to a different department to get everything squared away. The cruise fare should be priced protection even if the promotion is over. i was able to keep the rate i was given when i submitted the price adjustment 

What a way to start the morning, oh what fun this is. I don't like how carnival is handling the magic to venezia ship switch. it is a very messy horrible process and it looks like they are still lots of glitch's in the system causing these weird errors like this 

• Like 1

I had a big mess     I put in the price form   saved 248 for my one cabin.    THis was done at 4:20pm     By 6pm the booking and everything on it was cancelled because it was 72.00 short on a deposit. 

I lost the steak house reservation that was purchased before the price increase   Called many times with different people an no one can help me 

Just to remind everyone (not sure if this applies to you), but if you booked under a reduced deposit promo and then price match, the full deposit become due (unless the new promo also has a reduced deposit).  There have been multiple cases over the years of people not understanding this and then having their cruises cancelled due to non-payment of the additional deposit amount.

• Like 2

From what i noticed over the years, if the full deposit or an additional deposit is due it will always be in the confirmation email under payment schedule and you always have a day or two to make that payment. additionally in your carnival account they will be message on top reminding you to make that an extra deposit is due. It is kind of like your booking goes back to that courtesy hold state

before i do a price adjustment i always do a mock booking to find out what deposit is needed and then i make payment first if needed and then submit a price adjustment form 

Some quirky stuff going on with this whole ship switch! 

All I know is, I'm glad I requested a price adjustment over the weekend cause by this morning, prices on my sailing went up over $200 in every single category. We had credits from an earlier cancellation so no worries about being short on the deposit. 

13 minutes ago, cruizinisthebest said:

All I know is, I'm glad I requested a price adjustment over the weekend cause by this morning, prices on my sailing went up over $200 in every single category. 

similar to me..last night i saw a price drop of around 100 dollars which made submit the price adjustment . this morning pricing went up 150 dollars..ouch. when they restored my booking it had the higher price which was not good. so glad they were able to restore the lower pricing i had when they processed price adjustment 

its somewhat hard to keep to pricing when they can change like every 12 hours or so

• Like 1