Connecting mini-suite

taxmantoo

This is on the Majestic princess B325.  I am standing in the hallway with main door open.  door to the right is the connecting door to the other room

image.thumb.png.9e484e29b141b8ab30fc35a0aecbe116.png

then the hallway leading into closet and the bathroom door on the left

image.thumb.png.cf7a1307142ae8411d4047b1bb6582d8.png

bathroom

image.thumb.png.33644dfe448d9fc5b9829e686e2267dc.png

image.thumb.png.e626188e51e676af0a79d5d16d25e1d9.png

looking more into the room

image.thumb.png.7c55f0b44219e0b9e2c8cce7fffebe46.png

image.png.704b568f29310720761b162114c9377c.png

image.png.57a38b68aecffd03759d2351ca953b68.png

image.png.d1a1e7cc49572d3f45291addcccbd94b.png

skinny balcony

image.thumb.png.7c16372f96374129130d4590600858e9.png

5 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

This is on the Majestic princess B325.  I am standing in the hallway with main door open.  door to the right is the connecting door to the other room.

Thank you very much.  The door to the connecting room does not take up any "real" space or no furniture is moved because of it.  It seems rather unobtrusive.

2 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

Thank you very much.  The door to the connecting room does not take up any "real" space or no furniture is moved because of it.  It seems rather unobtrusive.

No not at all.  We didn't open it as this was a free upgrade to us on one of the early 2021 cruises.  I am a light sleeper and on the first night the folks in the room came back pretty loud, next am they saw us coming out and apologized.  They were contractor crew doing some filming and didn't realize they had neighbors.  After that no noise and I also didn't see any light coming from under the door from their side either.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taxmantoo said:

Completely unobtrusive. No furniture anywhere near the connecting door. We have had a number of MIni Suites that have a connection and never experienced any issue with our neighbors and I trust the converse is true (I hope). 

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2022 at 7:02 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Are you wanting mini suites to connect or concerned about the door?  If you want connecting, why don't you look into a family suite?  May be comparable to 2 minis.  

Family suites are more of a mini suite and inside that share a sitting area

2 hours ago, Roatanfans said:

Family suites are more of a mini suite and inside that share a sitting area

Agree, but with a family suite, you will also get suite perks for everyone staying in this category.  If you are looking for connecting mini-suites, you give up suite perks.

OP never stated why they had concerns about the connection.  Did they want it/did they want to avoid them?

The main advantage of two connecting minis over the family suites is that with two connecting minis, you can have two queens.  I would seriously question if that’s worth losing the suite perks.   While the Family Suite sitting area is a bit awkward, it’s a better balcony config as well. 

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Agree, but with a family suite, you will also get suite perks for everyone staying in this category.  If you are looking for connecting mini-suites, you give up suite perks.

OP never stated why they had concerns about the connection.  Did they want it/did they want to avoid them?

I just wanted to make sure that the door between two connecting mini-suites did not change the layout of the room from standard mini-suites or result in less storage space.  My question was answered.  Not looking for a bigger suite, just a regular mini-suite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1