Can I use my OBC to pay for another cabin's gratuities, excursions, etc

S&DMOM

4 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I don't know the answer to your specific question.  

I will suggest be sure to understand that there is non-refundable and refundable OBC.  The former can't be used for things like the DSC.

Any idea if the “On Board Credit Certificate “ that I can purchase on the App is refundable or non refundable? 

Here is an article which may interest you if you booked your cruise before April 2022. 

Norwegian’s tip amounts vary depending the type of stateroom you book, ranging from$16-$20 per person, per day. Notably, NCL raised their gratuity fees effective April 1, 2022. Sail on the cruise line, and you’ll now pay $16.00 per person, per day if you are sailing in an interior, oceanview, or balcony cabin.

We booked our current Jade Club Balcony cabin we’re in back in Sep 2020 when the DSC was $15.50 per person. It’s now $18. However, since we chose to prepay the DSC prior to the cruise, we paid the lower charge. If we had decided to pay it once onboard, we would have been paying $18. 

https://www.cruzely.com/norwegian-cruise-line-gratuities-tips-full-guide-to-cost-how-they-work/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S&DMOM said:

Any idea if the “On Board Credit Certificate “ that I can purchase on the App is refundable or non refundable? 

Just keep your cash instead of buying OBC.  But generally speaking if you pay for obc it's refundable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, S&DMOM said:

It should be refundable. Non-refundable is generally something the cruise line gives you (e.g. shareholder credit). And unlike other pushy people, I'm not going to tell you what to do with your money, I'm just going to try to be helpful and answer the question you asked. 

• Like 1