Coffee to the room

Tabanana

No there isn't.  Just fill out your room service hang tag with what you want and leave it on your door the night before and it will be delivered at the time you selected.  We thought the room service coffee was actually pretty decent (the coffee in the Lido was awful).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, roxybear135 said:

We thought the room service coffee was actually pretty decent (the coffee in the Lido was awful).

We thought the same thing so we asked about this and the runner said that the room service coffee was the same, just fresher as they're serving so many rooms in the AM. Likely different coffee machines too (which can matter). Coffee in the cabanas was also better than the Lido, and I think they made that in their small service room behind the main area.

• Like 1

It’s difficult to know what time you will wake in the morning, I like mine NOW,  so it’s hard to put a time on the card.  I tried that on year. Now I take instant coffee and use hot water from the tap. Quite acceptable.    

21 minutes ago, highscar said:

Now I take instant coffee and use hot water from the tap. Quite acceptable.    

I personally dont like the Lido coffee, but the Pinnacle coffee is amazing! I will take the Starbucks instant coffee packets sometimes too. I will take the packets to the MDR and order hot water, or will often grab two coffee cups from the Lido and fill them with hot water (by the tea station) and grab something sweet to have coffee and a treat on the balcony. I use the silver platter under the ice bucket to help me carry it... Although, my new favorite is going to explorations cafe and getting two coffees and two chocolate croissants and having that on the balcony.. personally I dont mind getting coffee on my own, but a lot of people also use the coffee delivery as a wake up call for an excursion, which seems rather clever to me as well. 

• Like 2

I am experienced in filling a thermos with coffee in the Lido Market just before retiring for the night.  If you prefer your own instant coffee or tea, just fill the thermos with hot water.  A good thermos will keep both hot until you awaken in the morning.

Put an extra pastry or two in a Ziploc bag during the Lido breakfast hours to have with your morning thermos coffee the next day.

FWIW the coffee maker styles in the Lido and MDR are different and may cause a difference.

Koningsdam MDR coffee makers in the kitchen:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-konigsdam-kitchen-tour/IMG_2378.jpg

Koningsdam Lido Market coffee makers:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/ms-konigsdam-dining-options/IMG_2307.jpg

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, fellswoop said:

My question is, if you have the drink package can you order lattes and cappuccinos to the room? We were recently on Princess and this was available to order thru Princess Medalllion app and cost covered by drink package.

I think not, only items from the room service menu for delivery (possibly expanded if you are quarantined).

As far as Princess -- as the customer relations person said to me, the last time I used the Big Box Store's credit card and found out there was no coverage for travel companies' insolvencies, although there would have been if I had used my bank card: "That is a different product."

12 hours ago, fellswoop said:

My question is, if you have the drink package can you order lattes and cappuccinos to the room? We were recently on Princess and this was available to order thru Princess Medalllion app and cost covered by drink package.

Unfortunately 'no', as in not included  Like alcoholic drinks, they are not free for room service (as of last week)

We are not fans of breakfast room service, and have found it easier for one of us to throw on some clothes and go to the Dutch Cafe, Crow's nest (or where-ever is the closest) and just get the coffees  to go and bring them back to enjoy on the balcony.

• Like 2

I also love heading up to the Crows Nest for a cappuccino but, as an early riser, it opens way too late (7am)!!  I carry Starbucks instant coffee and use the hot water available in the buffet.  I also will get a cappuccino the night before and put it in a hydro flask coffee cup!

I love that on a Princess ship I can order a cappuccino with an extra shot every morning that is delivered directly to my stateroom at no extra charge if I have the drink package.  Nothing beats sipping a hot drink on your balcony in a bathrobe!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, disneyochem said:

I also love heading up to the Crows Nest for a cappuccino but, as an early riser, it opens way too late (7am)!!  I carry Starbucks instant coffee and use the hot water available in the buffet.  I also will get a cappuccino the night before and put it in a hydro flask coffee cup!

I love that on a Princess ship I can order a cappuccino with an extra shot every morning that is delivered directly to my stateroom at no extra charge if I have the drink package.  Nothing beats sipping a hot drink on your balcony in a bathrobe!

don't often have a drink package but go for it

We order 1-2 carafes of coffee to the room every morning.  It is always prompt and hot.  We tip a $2 bill to the one delivering it.  We also bring aboard our own flavored coffee creamer to use.  Once we are fully awake, we head up to get our "fancier" coffee and pastry.  If need be, we pick up another small bottle of flavored creamer in port.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:38 PM, Tabanana said:

Is there a charge to have coffee brought to the room in the morning......?   We are in a balcony room ...

No but we tip the person that brings it. To note - if you like extra cream like we do (kill it with the cream) - you must request extra cream and be very specific about it. We usually leave the room service request form on our door at night to have it delivered in the morning. Coffee on the veranda is one of my favorite parts of a cruise.

• 6 months later...
On 12/12/2022 at 2:58 PM, Guardsy said:

We order 1-2 carafes of coffee to the room every morning.  It is always prompt and hot.  We tip a $2 bill to the one delivering it.  We also bring aboard our own flavored coffee creamer to use.  Once we are fully awake, we head up to get our "fancier" coffee and pastry.  If need be, we pick up another small bottle of flavored creamer in port.

Hi - considering taking flavored liquid creamer on next cruise. Have you encountered any issues and do you take it on the ship in checked luggage or carry-on?

I get vanilla cappuccino from GDC or Explorations but am excited about ability to have nice flavored coffee w/my "pre breakfast".

1 minute ago, lissie said:

Question on the room service menu here Breakfast-Room-Service-Standard.pdf (rogerjett-photography.com) it mentions milk as a beverage after tea coffee etc. Is that literally a glass of milk?  I hate creamers but I like milk in my tea/ coffee - would ordering a glass of milk and black tea/coffee solve my issue? 

Yes, it comes in a little glass jar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1