First things to do once on board??

mgcharleston

I haven't sailed NCL since 2018 and I am excited for our Christmas cruise on the Escape! Please remind me what things need to happen as soon as I get onboard. I remember I need to check in at the kids club, make spa reservations... do I need to make reservations for the shows now? Our specialty dining is already set so I can at least check that off! Any tips are appreciated!!

I've always wanted to run onto the pool deck, Footloose style, and say "Let's Daaaaance!"

But alas, we grab a drink outside and people watch. I'll also connect to the app and make reservations for Choir of Man.

Edited by weltek
  • Haha 2

Our priorities when boarding:

Video and muster check-in

Dining reservations

Spa Reservations

Drink in between all steps (if US, remember there might be an extra tax for this)

Eat Lunch

Wander the ship

Eat some more 

Edited by scooter6139

I love all these suggestions! 

Rocketman- thank you for the reminder about the muster station check in. That's my husbands favorite part of the entire trip...

It sounds like the entertainment reservations need to take priority. I assume if I can connect to the app while in the terminal, I will be able to make the reservations. please correct me if I'm wrong and I need to go to the box office instead!

2 minutes ago, mgcharleston said:

It sounds like the entertainment reservations need to take priority. I assume if I can connect to the app while in the terminal, I will be able to make the reservations. please correct me if I'm wrong and I need to go to the box office instead!

We just use the touch screens by the elevators.

2 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

You don't NEED to do anything.  You are on a cruise, enjoy yourself. 🙂

Agree!
You’ve just rushed to the pier, endured the check-in process, and finally walked into the ship, so just sit down, relax and have a drink. No need to rush to muster, run to dining or show reservations, or sign up for spa treatments immediately.

You’re on holiday, so lighten up !!😉😎

Edited by CILCIANRQTS
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Agree!
You’ve just rushed to the pier, endured the check-in process, and finally walked into the ship, so just sit down, relax and have a drink. No need to rush to muster, run to dining or show reservations, or sign up for spa treatments immediately.

You’re on holiday, so lighten up !!😉😎

Right, just sit and order a drink and send your wife to do those things.

• Haha 9

On our cruise that leaves on the 18th, we have check-in time of 11:30am-12:00pm. Our plan is to hit O'Sheehans or MDR for lunch, then go do show reservations, kid's club registration, then muster video and muster station check-in then RELAX. We don't eat at any of the specialty restaurants so that's not a checklist item for us. And I already have a spa pass so no need to do that either. 

17 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Right, just sit and order a drink and send your wife to do those things.

That was my plan once too.  The first couple days of the cruise were uneventful but by the third day, some of the swelling had gone down and I could see a little out of my left eye, and my leg was healed enough that I could leave the room under my own power. I still have some difficulty when I pee though .....;)

(Obviously stolen and paraphrased from a well known joke)

• Haha 2