Haven't cruised since 2019 and feel rusty. Some questions, please.

We are looking at some cruises out of Galveston and Port Canaveral for the spring.  

If my daughter turns 13 during the trip, will she be allowed to visit the kids club during the days she is still 12?

We have a large family, and five of the kids will be traveling with us.  Would we be able to book mom/dad/12yo/10yo in one room and 20yo/18yo/17yo in the other?  Or do we need to put a parent in each stateroom?  

Thank you.

Below is the policy on booking cabins with minors. So the way you have it should be fine as long as they are no more than 3 cabins from you. 

• Guests 13 - 17 years of age
    Can be separated by up to 3 staterooms from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 18 – 20 years of age
    Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer. 

I assume that since you would have a 17 year old in the cabin with the 18 and 20 year olds, the policy would default to the one specific to Guests 13-17 years of age. 

Edited by MistyRo76
  • Like 1

Thank you so much @MistyRo76!  That is great.  I am having a really hard time finding connecting rooms, but I am finding plenty adjacent, or separated by only one stateroom.

Does anyone know if I would be able to get a key to the second room?  Or probably not?  I don't really think I'd need to enter for any reason... except it they were sleeping too late and ignoring the phone.  😉

Our standard approach was to book mom/dad in the Balc and the teenage kids directly across the hall in an Inside. At 17 and 15 they appreciated the privacy. The 3 cabin away rule applied even back then about a dozen years ago.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

Thank you so much @MistyRo76!  That is great.  I am having a really hard time finding connecting rooms, but I am finding plenty adjacent, or separated by only one stateroom.

Does anyone know if I would be able to get a key to the second room?  Or probably not?  I don't really think I'd need to enter for any reason... except it they were sleeping too late and ignoring the phone.  😉

My pleasure! And here are the age groups for the Youth programs: 

You can absolutely get an additional key made for their room. I think it would be a good idea if for nothing else than to keep 'em honest knowing that mom and dad could walk in at any time! lol 

I agree with another poster who said to book a balcony for your cabin and them across the hall. But if connecting staterooms are preferred, try working with a travel agent or PVP who can probably more easily locate the available connecting rooms. They do seem to be few and far between on Carnival. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

Ugh - I had my heart set on Vista or Horizon, but I think I will have to go with NCL again as they have kids' club ages up to 12 and DD12 wants that more than anything.  We've missed cruising for THREE years and she's almost aged out.

Thank you for the help, though.  

Are you saying that you don't think your daughter will enjoy Circle C? My kids loved it! Being able to go to more of a teen-type club made them feel a little grown up. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 3:04 PM, staceyglow said:

Are you saying that you don't think your daughter will enjoy Circle C?

Well - it was more about being able to attend the club with her sister.  My youngest two will be 10 and 12 when we cruise and had hoped to be in the same age group one last time.

Did your kids still get to do crafts and games, or was it all tech and screens?  It's not to say she wouldn't like some of the latter, but it would not be as engaging as physical activities would be (to her).

4 hours ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

Well - it was more about being able to attend the club with her sister.  My youngest two will be 10 and 12 when we cruise and had hoped to be in the same age group one last time.

Did your kids still get to do crafts and games, or was it all tech and screens?  It's not to say she wouldn't like some of the latter, but it would not be as engaging as physical activities would be (to her).

Honestly, I don't remember. I don't think there were any crafts, though. 

• Like 1