Venezia Cabin amenities

serene56

• 3 months later...

I enquired  about fridges in the cabins, and received this description from Carnival for all Venezia cabins…

image.jpeg.e184ed5af762cbf209a87638757bf65c.jpeg

Nonstocked mini bar unit” means simply a FRIDGE IN EVERY CABIN.

They are actually being installed “as we speak”, as the ship is now in the refit phase in Cadiz, Spain.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 8:40 AM, Excursion1 said:

I enquired  about fridges in the cabins, and received this description from Carnival for all Venezia cabins…

image.jpeg.e184ed5af762cbf209a87638757bf65c.jpeg

Nonstocked mini bar unit” means simply a FRIDGE IN EVERY CABIN.

They are actually being installed “as we speak”, as the ship is now in the refit phase in Cadiz, Spain.

image.jpeg

I would miss not having a fridge after so many years on Princess. Not a deal breaker though. Tell me do you know if we can ask for a coffee pot? I'm up very early and not sure where I can get my 5am cup.

53 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

I would miss not having a fridge after so many years on Princess. Not a deal breaker though. Tell me do you know if we can ask for a coffee pot? I'm up very early and not sure where I can get my 5am cup.

No Carnival doesn't allow coffee makers in the staterooms. You can call room service for a pot of coffee, or go up to the Lido buffet where coffee should be available 24/7.

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

No Carnival doesn't allow coffee makers in the staterooms. You can call room service for a pot of coffee, or go up to the Lido buffet where coffee should be available 24/7.

Great other lines don't have buffets open early enough for me. NCL has OSheeans and Princess has the Cafe 24/7 I get my early coffees. Someone posted I could get a coffee card don't see this on the booking page as an option to pre purchase, will check if this ship has a coffee shop when we board or when they finally sail to NY after updates.

Thanks

15 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Great other lines don't have buffets open early enough for me. NCL has OSheeans and Princess has the Cafe 24/7 I get my early coffees. Someone posted I could get a coffee card don't see this on the booking page as an option to pre purchase, will check if this ship has a coffee shop when we board or when they finally sail to NY after updates.

Thanks

I was talking about the free coffee, drip coffee. You can get a carafe of it delivered through room service or you can get it DIY on Lido 24/7.

The coffee card isn't something you buy on Carnival. If you want to buy specialty coffees, they'll give you a punch card - buy 5 get 1 free I think is the deal. It's just a special they run, you don't have to buy the card.

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

I was talking about the free coffee, drip coffee. You can get a carafe of it delivered through room service or you can get it DIY on Lido 24/7.

The coffee card isn't something you buy on Carnival. If you want to buy specialty coffees, they'll give you a punch card - buy 5 get 1 free I think is the deal. It's just a special they run, you don't have to buy the card.

Thank you it's been years since we sailed on Carnival. This ship and trip works for me so looking forward to our cruise.

A QUESTION...

Anyone know/guess why Venetia is carrying a 4.5-star rating, and not a 5?  Seems strange for a ship that is practically brand new (very few sailings), and now undergoing 3 months of drydock with major rehabs - new dining and other re-done venues for the American market.

From every picture and video I've seen, the ship is really magnificent, and seems to be introducing a whole new aura of elegance and class for Carnival.  

So why 4.5 star?   🤨

Edited by Excursion1

6 minutes ago, Excursion1 said:

A QUESTION...

Anyone know/guess why Venetia is carrying a 4.5-star rating, and not a 5?  Seems strange for a ship that is practically brand new (very few sailings), and now undergoing 3 months of drydock with major rehabs - new dining and other re-done venues for the American market.

From every picture and video I've seen, the ship is really magnificent, and seems to be introducing a whole new aura of elegance and class for Carnival.  

So why 4.5 star?   🤨

I would say because the ship hasn’t sail from Carnival ports yet. The ship is being refitted for Carnival standards. Once she sails maybe her ratings will increase.

28 minutes ago, Excursion1 said:

A QUESTION...

So why 4.5 star?   🤨

Apparently perfection isn't good enough for some people, and they will keep looking until they find fault.

With any new ship there is a learning curve and it takes a while to work the kinks out. Or maybe someone was upset their contraband was confiscated. Who knows. So much is subjective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Excursion1 said:

The rating is given by an executive  Board  in the cruise industry.
I’m going to speak with a travel agent and try to find out more specifics.

Do new ships get a 5 rating by default? With so few sailings, I wonder how many of the executive board were even on the ship (which is still in dry dock).

17 hours ago, Excursion1 said:

A QUESTION...

So why 4.5 star?   🤨

how would anyone here know that? There's nothing wrong with a 4.5 and seems more realistic anyway than a perfect 5.0. Give the ship time to get in the water as Carnival and create experiences. I know we are so excited. She looks beautiful!

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2023 at 9:19 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

arent all Carnival mini-fridges actually "coolers" or "chillers"? 

i've had very inconsistent results on different ships with bottled water in them getting cool vs cold.  

Experience on Carnival, Princess and HAL is they look like mini-fridge, but don’t actually get anything cold - they take the warmth off and will cool what you put in. My sister uses it for her meds, but I read somewhere on Carnival site that they shouldn't be used for meds and passengers should arrange w/medical for storage.

3 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

i usually ask for a bucket of ice nightly from the cabin steward.  

my wife and i are polar opposites.  she likes room temperature bottled water and i want it ice cold in a yeti (when there isnt a real fridge to get it coooooold) 

Day 1 we ask for an extra ice bucket and to have them both filled 2x/day. Lately that's gotten us the regular small bucket and a larger one that is meant for champagne (cover w/towel). That just about works out. We use that ice to fill our water bottles on port days, too, since plastic bottles are mostly non-existent, plus it stays cold. The big bucket is great for chilling the drinks we do want cold - definitely gets them colder than the fridge does.

So the fridge really just becomes a place to keep drinks out of the way.

Pre-covid for ports we drove to, we brought a small ice chest that lived on the balcony - steward filled it daily - that was the best!!