Anyone get a Holiday Present from Oceania?

ORV

37 minutes ago, janecambridge said:

As everyone has said, we hit a sand bar. Considering we have been asked to conserve water usage in various ways, it was a bit disconcerting to see so much being discharged into the river to help us off the sand bar! 

it was probably ballast  water not  drinking water

The Amazon is noted for low water levels at times

We received ours this morning aboard the Insignia.

Since it says Oceania Club on the box, I am assuming that all club members received them.

Good idea about going down to the Concierge and asking about mailing it home.

Terri

Addendum: Went down to the Concierge.  Not possible.  Suggested I put it in my luggage.  I said it would cause it to be overweight and he said “Carry it on”

End of story.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

We received ours this morning aboard the Insignia.

Since it says Oceania Club on the box, I am assuming that all club members received them.

Maybe just those onboard  the ships   & those that are Platinum got them sent to their homes

Wonder if those that are sailing & are Platinum got 2 ??

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Addendum: Went down to the Concierge.  Not possible.  Suggested I put it in my luggage.  I said it would cause it to be overweight and he said “Carry it on”

End of story.

Terri

My next stop would be the Hotel Manager.  No is not a word a person in the hospitality industry should use.  Suggest he inquire if Miami can send one to your home address and he can keep the one you have.  If not, I can think of several other places you might suggest he could put it.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, janecambridge said:

As everyone has said, we hit a sand bar. Considering we have been asked to conserve water usage in various ways, it was a bit disconcerting to see so much being discharged into the river to help us off the sand bar! 

I'm pretty sure I could put this in the front pouch of my carryon, yes it would add weight, but no one has ever questioned the weight of my carryon, the size yes, the weight no. It would also fit in the laptop section of my backpack, which is my personal item. I could get it home if I was on a ship and wanted to get it home. 

• Like 1

Any Charcuterie Board recipients who do not want to haul the board home, please drop it by our friends Doug and Karen in 9069 and tell them, Gerry sent you 😇 We will be joining them in Buenos Aires on the 18th and we would love to get another Oceania Christmas gift. We have a number of Oceania cruiser friends here at home who would love to have a board so I will gladly carry one or more back home for them. 
Thanks and have a great cruise.  
Have the Amazon River Pilots joined the ship yet?  When they are on board, it is my understanding that “they are in charge” and believe me, O is paying a small fortune for those three pilots for a week. So sorry to hear about the sand bar issue and hope it does not impact any part of your cruise. 

Christmas is past so Happy New Year one and all. 
Mauibabes

11 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Any Charcuterie Board recipients who do not want to haul the board home, please drop it by our friends Doug and Karen in 9069 and tell them, Gerry sent you 😇 We will be joining them in Buenos Aires on the 18th and we would love to get another Oceania Christmas gift. We have a number of Oceania cruiser friends here at home who would love to have a board so I will gladly carry one or more back home for them. 
Thanks and have a great cruise.  
Have the Amazon River Pilots joined the ship yet?  When they are on board, it is my understanding that “they are in charge” and believe me, O is paying a small fortune for those three pilots for a week. So sorry to hear about the sand bar issue and hope it does not impact any part of your cruise. 

Christmas is past so Happy New Year one and all. 
Mauibabes

This morning on Marina a fellow guest very ungraciously returned a board to reception, with complaints…environment, weight, complete waste etc.

I mentioned that there is a couple on the ship who would gladly accept a board, but my “assistance “ was not well received.🫢

seachelt

2 minutes ago, seachelt said:

This morning on Marina a fellow guest very ungraciously returned a board to reception, with complaints…environment, weight, complete waste etc

I guess  no good deed goes unpunished

Maybe Oceania  should just not bother  with gifts  🤔

1 hour ago, seachelt said:

This morning on Marina a fellow guest very ungraciously returned a board to reception, with complaints…environment, weight, complete waste etc.

I mentioned that there is a couple on the ship who would gladly accept a board, but my “assistance “ was not well received.🫢

seachelt

I have 3 words for people like that. Get........ Over........Yourself!

• Like 1

Though given the very pricey nature of cruises over Christmas, would not surprise me that O provides some inexpensive gift(3) for those on board, even if just certain cabin levels and up. My jaw drops when I compare prices for identical or near identical cruises that are before Christmas during Christmas. Last year we were on Riviera 12/12-23/21. This year Sirena 11/18-28/22. So we got to enjoy the holiday feel and see the decorations without paying the price of an actual Christmas cruise.

@seachelt

Thank you for your VALIANT efforts in trying to redirect that miserable waste of money on a thoughtful Christmas gift for an ungrateful guest. I may have to ask my friends to drop bye Reception and see if they can acquire that environmentally unfriendly, thoughtless and heavy piece of wood. 
I hope those of you who received the Charcuterie Boards enjoy them as we have already used ours twice over the holidays. Very nice! 
Enjoy your cruise and if you are on board in Buenos Aires,say hello at the M and G. 
Mauibabes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

Though given the very pricey nature of cruises over Christmas, would not surprise me that O provides some inexpensive gift(3) for those on board, even if just certain cabin levels and up.

I do not think the Charcuterie Boards are inexpensive    but maybe for those that have lots of cash to flash they may seem cheap to you

😲

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, janecambridge said:

We love ours and will try very hard to make the weight limit with it packed . We have been in the artists loft a few times doing similar work (well not as good as that of course). 

I would put it in your carry on if you can

We once got a large book & I put it in checked luggage

TSA cut the lock off our bag to make sure it was not a dangerous item 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I do not think the Charcuterie Boards are inexpensive but maybe for those that have lots of cash to flash they may seem cheap to you

😲

I am assuming they buy any such gifts in "bulk" at wholesale. BUT those people who received them have PAID for them, for as we all know: TANSTAAFL.

Now if they just would have the nice carrying bags available. I LOVE the one I got on Riviera in 12/21 and wish we could've had a his & hers from Sirena in 12/22 but weren't meant to be. That bag is incredibly useful and strong. Bringing back all the beer, hard liquor and wine in ports to save me the cash from O's expensive drink packages.  😉 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Robjame said:

Onboard Riviera, lowest of the low, no status - we received the wonderful cheeseboard. It will become a charcuterie board when we can afford a PH.

The gift was to make you feel better about your medical bills! 😇

Hope you’re feeling better! 🥂

• Haha 1