Scotch selection on Horizon?

cruiser4305

Hello, I'll be cruising on the horizon in Feb '23 and was interested in the scotch selection on the ship. Most of the whiskey menu photos I can find are of pig & anchor and it looks like they just have American and Irish whiskey available. Which bar/restaurant has the best scotch selection and is there a menu available?

I've been on the Horizon twice and no single bar has a great or complete scotch selection. The Carnival scotch selection isn't very large and most bars around the ship will be hit or miss if they carry a certain kind. I found that the bar near Ocean Plaza will usually have 2-3 different of the higher end scotch selections so I would usually end up there if the bourbons in P&A weren't doing it for me that night. I would suggest trying out some of the bourbons as you might be pleasantly surprised by one or two. I am a big Eagle Rare fan. 

From my recollection,  you'll most likely find Ardbeg 10, Bowmore 12, Dewar's 12, Glenmorangie 10, Glenfiddich12, JW Black, and Chivas.  Library Bar and Ocean Plaza probably best bets.  But if offered, do the whiskey class from the Alchemy.  You get to make your own Dewars blend from various single malts.

The scotch selection is weak-sauce on Carnival, it's an area they could really improve in, even if they just offered it in their overpriced fun shop bottle pre-purchase options. You'll simply have to make do. They probably limit selections to control costs but it would certainly be nice to have an option to buy, any option, even if just marked up bottle sales. A scotch and cigar bar would be an excellent addition, even if they excluded it from cheers or added a small up-charge for cheers inclusion, either way, it would be nice to have on the ships. They could register and get listed as an authorized Cuban cigar seller as well and probably make a killing with the captive cruise audience, they may just have to limit sales to international waters but it seems like a huge revenue stream opportunity.     

4 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

The scotch selection is weak-sauce on Carnival, it's an area they could really improve in, even if they just offered it in their overpriced fun shop bottle pre-purchase options. You'll simply have to make do. They probably limit selections to control costs but it would certainly be nice to have an option to buy, any option, even if just marked up bottle sales. A scotch and cigar bar would be an excellent addition, even if they excluded it from cheers or added a small up-charge for cheers inclusion, either way, it would be nice to have on the ships. They could register and get listed as an authorized Cuban cigar seller as well and probably make a killing with the captive cruise audience, they may just have to limit sales to international waters but it seems like a huge revenue stream opportunity.     

The Library Bar or whatever name it went under, used to be the cigar bar on Carnival ships.  Long gone with smoking indoors limited.   I'm doubting and cruise line operating out of the US regardless of destination ports, would ever be licensed to sell true Cubans.  La Casa del Habana is the licensing authority for Cuban cigars and limits its licenses.  Plus Cubans, real and fake, are easily obtained in ports.