Elite lounge on Ruby Princess

bobpell

We have always found the daily Elite Lounge event somewhat of a joke.  They will usually offer a very small discount (perhaps $2) off a very limited menu of drinks with all other drinks charged regular prices.  There are a few snacks (often the same every day) along with a daily special item.  On some days they might offer something decent like cold shrimp, but other days the offerings might be something like salsa and tortilla chips.  For us. the novelty wore off many years ago and we seldom go.  These days, many of us have drink packages which make the Elite discounts worthless.

Hank

On 12/11/2022 at 12:15 PM, XBGuy said:

They used to also summarize noshes that will be offered each day.  I assume they still do so.

I think the summary is a thing of the past ( at least on the last few cruises I have been on this year). But there seems to be more variety each evening, so there’s a little something for everyone. 

it has been very well attended on my current cruise on Diamond Princess.

Edited by Shelly97060

Ruby is normally Skywalkers. Great view, with (sometimes) good munchies.  I plan our lounge days according to menu.  

But I did notice there was no longer a menu card in the room, don't remember how I got one, but I did.  Possibly steward, possibly customer service.  Either way, made planning easier than running up there to be disappointed with chips/salsa/guac again.  

14 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We have always found the daily Elite Lounge event somewhat of a joke.  They will usually offer a very small discount (perhaps $2) off a very limited menu of drinks with all other drinks charged regular prices.  There are a few snacks (often the same every day) along with a daily special item.  On some days they might offer something decent like cold shrimp, but other days the offerings might be something like salsa and tortilla chips.  For us. the novelty wore off many years ago and we seldom go.  These days, many of us have drink packages which make the Elite discounts worthless.

Hank

Same for us. Until last cruise we only went a few times and were never impressed. Last cruise we had the drink package & tried it 4 or 5 times and were equally disappointed. They didn't offer anything different that we could order in the dining room so unless you're meeting up with someone else for drinks, it only puts us at the end of the line for dinner. 

• Like 1