Baggage damaged by shuttle operator

DallasCruiseCouple

We opted for the shuttle after the cruise not even thinking that something could go wrong. The shuttle puts your luggage under the seating so they grab your bag and throw it into the steel tank. They took a $200 bag and it is all scraped on all edges and it was filthy when they gave it to us. Our last trip was on an airline from DFW to Dubai to Maldives and there was minimal scratching. 😞 I have insurance and they said they would cover the bag but I have to file a claim with Celebrity first. Does anyone know what department to contact? If you arrive last at the shuttle then your bags will be at the front of the steel cabin. If you are in the back, then your bag is thrown in and then pushed out with feet to get out of the steel bin. ugh

It is that way on every large shuttle bus we have used both in the US and abroad.  The last cruise our luggage was fine when it was taken out of the shuttle bus storage area, however when we picked it up after our AA flight it looked like it had been hit by a truck and dragged across the pavement.  Just a risk of travel, I guess.

FYI the back of the transfer ticket states the service is provided as a convenience and the operators are independent and not representatives or agents of the Cruise line and the cruise line is not liable for any harm or damage……..  

• Thanks 1

Sorry, I know the disappointment.  I received new luggage as a gift and after a single use someone at Delta managed to break a wheel off my roller bag.  Pretty much useless with only three wheels.  Mine wasn't as expensive as yours and I didn't file a claim.  Am just wondering why you have to first file a claim with Celebrity?  By whose instructions?

18 hours ago, jelayne said:

It is that way on every large shuttle bus we have used both in the US and abroad.  The last cruise our luggage was fine when it was taken out of the shuttle bus storage area, however when we picked it up after our AA flight it looked like it had been hit by a truck and dragged across the pavement.  Just a risk of travel, I guess.

FYI the back of the transfer ticket states the service is provided as a convenience and the operators are independent and not representatives or agents of the Cruise line and the cruise line is not liable for any harm or damage……..  

We should have just UBER XL'ed it but we thought Celebrity might offer a nice shuttle option. It was a cattle call on the Edge. We did not even have a shuttle ticket. We had to find someone who had a clip board and he said to get on the bus. He did not even check off our name. The Edge was having debarkation issues (the app did not work correctly) and it looked like massive lines of people going nowhere fast. LOL! 

17 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Sorry, I know the disappointment.  I received new luggage as a gift and after a single use someone at Delta managed to break a wheel off my roller bag.  Pretty much useless with only three wheels.  Mine wasn't as expensive as yours and I didn't file a claim.  Am just wondering why you have to first file a claim with Celebrity?  By whose instructions?

We always buy travel protection in case we should have to get lifeflighted off the ship. Never used it in 20 years.The travel insurance requires a report that Celebrity is not paying and that is my proof of loss. I will email Celebrity Support and see what they say. I have no idea if the travel insurance will pay but we will see. 🙂

• Like 1

I have never taken a transfer shuttle with Celebrity, as I use private companies to try and avoid being on a big bus and what happened to you.  However, this can happen anywhere!  Hopefully, you will see some money after all the paperwork.  Sorry this happened to you!

2 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

These would be great at Port Everglades! It rained when we boarded and lots of luggage sat outside getting soaked. Ours was not too bad. Not sure how this would do if they slid it across the steel bottom of the shuttle bus. I have never seen anything like it! 

1 hour ago, Dancing Shoes said:

This gives another reason to cancel my shuttle from Port Everglades to FLL.  Sorry about your luggage. Our big boy Samsonite hard sided has scuff marks/black.  

Our big boy Samsonite made it fine. We have a small BMW hard case made out some kind of special material and that one was scratched up pretty good but it was a gift and not replaceable. The bag that had the worst damage was our Lipault Paris bag. We bought it because it weighs nothing and holds so much. Plus super durable...until someone throws it across steel floors. It almost looks like the floor had to be ripped up as the casing has jagged marks on it. Here is the bag...so sad it happened at the end of our cruise...nothing on American or Celebrity port handlers happened like this. 

https://www.lipault-usa.com/luggage/checked-luggage/lipault-plume-medium-trip-packing-case/135951XXXX.html?dwvar_135951XXXX_color=1359511041&cgidmaster=lugaz