$4.50 + tip bottle of water

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

But I didn’t buy the water bottle from them. 

I saw your comment about bringing your own bottle.  We have been known to do the same and also bring along some Crystal Light to enhance the flavor.    

• Like 1

It's insane to charge 4.50 for a bottle of water, I bring a 24 ounce bubba thermos and I fill it up at breakfast and again at lunch in the Lido, along with the water I drink at breakfast, lunch and dinner I'm able to get at least my 72 ounces of a water a day. 

40 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

It's insane to charge 4.50 for a bottle of water, I bring a 24 ounce bubba thermos and I fill it up at breakfast and again at lunch in the Lido, along with the water I drink at breakfast, lunch and dinner I'm able to get at least my 72 ounces of a water a day. 

Prices are only insane if no one is paying them.    Leisure industry relies on us being us detached, some are detached from their jobs, their worries, others are detached from their wallets 

• Haha 1

So I am confused: Last month we had the larger screw aluminum bottles with HIA.  BUT also they had the 12 soda can type included.  What comes with HIA NOW???? 

We had to go to the naughty room this last winter because we had an EMPTY wine bottle our bag that we used as a decoration with led lights in it....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mosaic said:

So I am confused: Last month we had the larger screw aluminum bottles with HIA.  BUT also they had the 12 soda can type included.  What comes with HIA NOW???? 

We had to go to the naughty room this last winter because we had an EMPTY wine bottle our bag that we used as a decoration with led lights in it....

Some ships honor the screw on cap as part of HIA and some who don’t.  It is not consistent , you have to ask your server

Edited by Mary229

18 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

I bring an empty single plastic water bottle in my checked luggage.  I refill it onboard and carry it for off the ship activities.  Did the ship security take your Evian bottle or airline security?  If you emptied it you should have been able to keep it. 

It was the security at port everglades that were scanning passengers getting on the ship.  There was a massive pile of empty/full and partially full bottles that they had confiscated...not cases, but random single bottles people had in their purse or bag 

5 hours ago, Mosaic said:

Just the soda can unless you are really lucky and get the screw top.  

50 minutes ago, jenp123 said:

It was the security at port everglades that were scanning passengers getting on the ship.  There was a massive pile of empty/full and partially full bottles that they had confiscated...not cases, but random single bottles people had in their purse or bag 

Thanks for letting us know.  I’ll continue to put my empty plastic bottle it in my checked luggage!   

Edited by oaktreerb

On 12/11/2022 at 2:53 PM, Hlitner said:

Folks might want to simply buy water ashore :).  We can usually spot cruisers at our winter home (Puerto Vallarta) because they are usually the folks carrying water.  Consider that in that town you can buy bottled (plastic) water just about anywhere and it can be as inexpensive as 50 cents for a cold bottle.   It is the same all over the world although the price might be about $1.  

On a ship, if we want water, we simply get it out of the tap in our cabin or at the Lido.

Hank

Are taps in Lido touch and hands free, meaning not necessary to touch anything with bottle or hand?

16 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

Thanks for letting us know.  I’ll continue to put my empty plastic bottle it in my checked luggage!   

Disposable water bottles are the issue.  I have one like this.  The screw on lid has a gasket so it never leaks.  Mine was a promotional giveaway.

BC9D1A0C-56F7-4D51-9C72-73EF5D5708C4.jpeg

I try more and more to eliminate my purchases of anything single use plastic, even if it gets a few uses, purchasing prolongs the issue.   I am no tree hugger, but humans reliance of one use plastic is nuts.

Very rare that any human can distinguish canned vs plastic vs glass vs carton unless years old.

I use aluminum double wall traveling and home.

If I need a sparkling, I do can or bottle.   if I had choice of 3.50 for plastic or 4.50 for bottle or can I will pay 4.50.

Off my soapbox now.  😉

• Like 1

My solution, which works well for me.  I have a metal insulated beverage container that holds about 16 ounces.  It has a wide mouth and a drinking spout. I fill it with ice and ice water from the lido.  If I am leaving the ship I get whatever water container that is available with HIA and use that to refill the insulated bottle. I always have cold water and it does not matter what HIA water container the ship is offering that day.  Note: If you fill any container from Lido ice or water; please fill a glass or glasses and move away to fill your container.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, carnivaljunkie said:

My solution, which works well for me.  I have a metal insulated beverage container that holds about 16 ounces.  It has a wide mouth and a drinking spout. I fill it with ice and ice water from the lido.  If I am leaving the ship I get whatever water container that is available with HIA and use that to refill the insulated bottle. I always have cold water and it does not matter what HIA water container the ship is offering that day.  Note: If you fill any container from Lido ice or water; please fill a glass or glasses and move away to fill your container.

Sounds like Lido taps are not touch free.

On 12/11/2022 at 8:45 PM, dockman said:

EVIAN....spelled backwards is ? and they make billions.

That's a good one ........people buy that stuff and they dont even know where the water came from . We drink the tap water on board with the ice that is provided in the cabin and we are still alive ! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, carnivaljunkie said:

They are touch free.  That does not mean that people do not touch them. You can get both water and ice without touching the dispenser. The problem is getting to the dispenser. 

Just to confirm, they are activated by a sensor, niether the glass/container nor hand comes in contact with the tap or a dispensing "button", "lever" or other device?  

IF they are not touch free, it is silly.  I guess I clean the faucet in room and fill up there.

On 12/12/2022 at 10:14 AM, Mary229 said:

Some ships honor the screw on cap as part of HIA and some who don’t.  It is not consistent , you have to ask your server

I'm confused by this.  For our January cruise on Nieuw Statendam, we got the "Have it all" which includes the Signature beverage package.  On the website for this package, they show what looks like a canned water & the words say "bottled water".  Are you saying it might not be included?  Thanks!

10 minutes ago, CruiserKris34 said:

I'm confused by this.  For our January cruise on Nieuw Statendam, we got the "Have it all" which includes the Signature beverage package.  On the website for this package, they show what looks like a canned water & the words say "bottled water".  Are you saying it might not be included?  Thanks!

There is still water in a flip top can, that is on the package on all ships.  There are sparkling waters in glass bottles and those are included.  The type that is in question is the screw top 12 ounce bottle of still water 

• Thanks 1

On 12/13/2022 at 11:32 AM, RuthC said:

Depends on the ship, in my experience. 

They are on the NS.  Just filled a water there so I would assume at least the Pinnacle class ships have touch free.  The one thing that surprisingly isn't touch free onboard are the soap dispensers in the public rest rooms.

The entire "water thing" has taken on its own life around the world.  Folks are fine paying more for water than gasoline!  I imagine the next step will be to sell cans of air!  And they will likely be filled from touch free air dispensers.  It is easy to imagine HAL charging $4.99 + 18% for a can of clean air.  For those with an interest here is an example of a can or air imported all the way from Prague:

jpeg

Hank

• Haha 1