Life on board Eclipse

Definitas

Is there anyone out there who is currently on board or recently cruised on Eclipse sailing from Australia. We are due to make final payment soon for b2b cruises from Sydney and would be very pleased to hear what life is like on board currently. We experienced constant shortages on our last couple of Celebrity cruises across the board. For example, menu choices were not always available, wines listed for the premium package were not available and when we were offered a very good alternative it was not available the next time. I am also a craft beer fan and virtually all of the IPAs listed on the drinks menus were unavailable and even the more common imported beers were unavailable. We were also dismayed to see most drinks being measured out, particularly cocktails, which often lacked the impact we have become used to from Celebrity over the years. I also really like Zacapa rum and, although listed, it was never available. The constant reason given for the shortages was that there was a problem with supply chains but I feel that is becoming more of an excuse rather than a reason. I have been reliably informed that the drinks shortages were still apparent last week on Beyond but I’m hoping that resupply down in Australia will be better. A first hand report would be very welcome

We were on last month and some items were not available such as dessert wines. Zacapa was available at the world class bar because I had a number of the Zacapa old fashioneds.  But we never went without a drink or plenty of great food.  

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcbiker97 said:

I’m sorry that a report from four weeks ago was insufficient.  

And they're 90+ days out from their cruise (I'm guessing since they say they are nearing final payment)? What's to say that the situation today will be the situation in 90ish days??

It could be better by their cruise. It could be worse by their cruise.

1 minute ago, dcbiker97 said:

I’m sorry that a report from four weeks ago was insufficient.  

Hi. It wasn’t insufficient and I was pleased to hear Zacapa is available. However, nobody has yet replied about the beer availability and I would definitely be disappointed to have 6 weeks without a decent beer. I’m particularly interested to hear what resupply they may have down there in Sydney

Beers in The Passport bar today on Eclipse, Crown,kirin, blue moon, Paulaner, dupont, leffe blond, la fin du monde, kirin light, duvel, Daurada, Sierra Nevada, coopers Pale Ale, Anchor, dogfish head ipa, franzishammer, Sapporo, coors light, Michelob ultra, xxxx gold, Dos Equis, Heineken, Amstel Light, Red Stripe, VB bitter, Guinness, Corona, Miller Lite, Bud Lite, 

Edited by JKeenan70
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, JKeenan70 said:

Beers in The Passport bar today on Eclipse, Crown,kirin, blue moon, Paulaner, dupont, leffe blond, la fin du monde, kirin light, duvel, Daurada, Sierra Nevada, coopers Pale Ale, Anchor, dogfish head ipa, franzishammer, Sapporo, coors light, Michelob ultra, xxxx gold, Dos Equis, Heineken, Amstel Light, Red Stripe, VB bitter, Guinness, Corona, Miller Lite, Bud Lite, 

Hey!  They have Michelob Ultra!

6 hours ago, JKeenan70 said:

Excellent news if those are all actually available, rather than just listed on the menu.

Thanks for the update, now just try to leave some for us on the next cruise 🙂