Celebrity emails coming from RoyalCaribbean.com

retird

Is this something new, or did I just not notice it before?   I realize they are sister companies.    Lately maintenance emails for cruises I have booked with Celebrity will sometimes come from Celebritycruises.com and other times it will come from Royalcaribbean.com.   Just thought it was unusual 

2 hours ago, retird said:

Is this something new, or did I just not notice it before?   I realize they are sister companies.    Lately maintenance emails for cruises I have booked with Celebrity will sometimes come from Celebritycruises.com and other times it will come from Royalcaribbean.com.   Just thought it was unusual 

Celebrity and RCI fall under the RCG umbrella. 

3 hours ago, mom says said:

Royal Caribbean owns Celebrity, so no, not unusual depending on the subject of the email.

I am booked on two celebrity cruises and the emails from Royal Caribbean relate directly to my celebrity booking.   Things such as my excursions, precruise checklist etc. 

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

No, not unusual

So are you saying that once I made my bookings on celebrity, it is not unusual for Royal Caribbean to send me emails about my specific celebrity booking on issues such as my booked excursions, pre cruise checklist etc?

Edited by retird

2 minutes ago, retird said:

So are you saying that once I made my bookings on celebrity, it is not unusual for Royal Caribbean to send me emails about my specific celebrity booking on issues such as my booked excursions, pre cruise checklist etc?

apparently not, you are getting all information related to your Celebrity cruise, where is the problem?

10 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

apparently not, you are getting all information related to your Celebrity cruise, where is the problem?

Yes I know I am getting the information.   But the return email should I reply is to Royal Caribbean cruise lines and not to Celebrity cruises .  I have cruised extensively with RCCL, Azamara and Celebrity.  This is the first time where i have received emails from one of them when the cruise I have booked is with the other.   In the past I have always communicated with the line I am booked with.   I was not aware that their reservation departments were one in the same.   

16 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

So you have no problem dealing with RCCL about a booking you have with Celebrity?

17 minutes ago, mom says said:

Molehill < mountain.

Sorry for the mountain.   When I called Royal to answer the question they asked, they said they did not know how or why it came from them and they did not have access to the booking in question and I would have to deal direct with Celebrity either by phone or by Celebrity email to answer the question asked in the email.   Sorry if my question was out of line

I recently realized that both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean use the same Special Needs Department.  I found it really convenient because I have bookings on both lines and wanted to let them know about my food allergy.  One e-mail took care of all the bookings.  Honestly, it makes financial sense to have some overlap and not duplicate departments in cases where one can handle both lines.  Their IT seems to have a lot of overlap as well.

Our CVP only books for Celebrity. Her phone calls on caller ID state RC. Her emails are from Celebrity. I recently got an email from RC about the changes in the free drinks during happy hour, but I've never cruised with RC, even though I have a loyalty # with them. As long as they get my dining reservations right I;m happy.