New Drink Package Prices?

bookitdanno

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

This is the kind of logic that the cruise lines are banking on. A few more months and watch the prices rise again. If I had to worry about the bar bill, and was willing to pay several hundreds of dollars, per person, so that wouldn’t happen, I would re-examine my choices on how to allocate funds. Math is quite easy when dealing with my finances.

I’ll be sending you my credit card statements.  So that you can approve how I allocate my funds.  Apparently my graduate degree wasn’t good enough in teaching me how to spend money.  Do you think I could get a refund?

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

This is the kind of logic that the cruise lines are banking on. A few more months and watch the prices rise again. If I had to worry about the bar bill, and was willing to pay several hundreds of dollars, per person, so that wouldn’t happen, I would re-examine my choices on how to allocate funds. Math is quite easy when dealing with my finances.

I find math quite easy and can be fun especially if you save enough in a year to pay for a cruise.  Also good for your brain; keeps me sharp. 

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

I find math quite easy and can be fun especially if you save enough in a year to pay for a cruise.  Also good for your brain; keeps me sharp. 

All you math is fun people.  How many abacuses do you have?  Or do you count on your fingers?  🥸

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

All you math is fun people.  How many abacuses do you have?  Or do you count on your fingers?  🥸

Excel makes math SUPER easy!

I don't have any abacuses, but I think I still have a slide ruler!

Edited by CaroleSS
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Excel makes math SUPER easy!

I don't have any abacuses, but I think I still have a slide ruler!

Would a slide ruler let you calculate the cost of your drink package?  Seems pretty complicated to me.  I skipped first grade math.

19 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Drinking makes math fun!

In grad school it was math first then drinking later.  And usually a lot of drinking.

My stats teacher was close to retirement and called it in.  My finance professors could not explain the 2008 market downturn.  My tax accounting class gave me night terrors.  I much enjoyed my poli sci course and Mandarin classes.  And I became an expert on stadium financing.  That’s a long story.

Edited by zitsky
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, jbright said:

I called last night and upgraded from classic to premium beverage package for 13.50 per day plus gratuities.

That’s very close to what I paid.  Did you find out if that is the old or new price?  I think it’s worth it.  Some people seem to think it’s better to stay with Classic and then pay extra.

Published in Cruisehive, whatever this means exactly…

“While the prices for pre-purchased beverage packages have been raised on December 19, onboard the Celebrity Cruises ships, the old pricing will remain at the old prices until after the holiday cruises. 

Celebrity Edge, Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Equinox, Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Constellation, and Celebrity Infinity will implement the new pricing on January 2, 2023. 

On January 3, Celebrity Beyond, Celebrity Silhouette, and Celebrity Millenium will start using the latest pricing. Then on January 4, Celebrity Summit; on January 7, Celebrity Apex; and on January 8, Celebrity Reflection.” 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, zitsky said:

That’s very close to what I paid.  Did you find out if that is the old or new price?  I think it’s worth it.  Some people seem to think it’s better to stay with Classic and then pay extra.

I've always upgraded to premium but last few cruises they did not have much in the way of good cabs without going over the $15 limit. Prefer to bring my own as most of the wine I purchase is upwards of $40 a bottle. That would be more than double onboard. 

Edited by drakes2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

In the FWIW department - if you like Perrier or Evian   or the like - that is not included in the Classic but IS included in the Premium. Celebrity WAY overcharges for them at something like $5 a (small) bottle. So unless you want to shlep bottles on board with you (and if you book longer cruises that would be almost impossible) - the upgrade is worth it even if the wine selection is atrocious.

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I've always upgraded to premium but last few cruises they did not have much in the way of good cabs without going over the $15 limit. Prefer to bring my own as most of the wine I purchase is upwards of $40 a bottle. That would be more than double onboard. 

I don’t spend that much for a 4 l box of wine 🤣

30 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I don’t spend that much for a 4 l box of wine 🤣

I guess I just like my good wine. Have gotten to know the vintages consultant at LCBO.  They do markdowns of 20 to 30% off end of each month so big savings there.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, chamima said:

In the FWIW department - if you like Perrier or Evian   or the like - that is not included in the Classic but IS included in the Premium. Celebrity WAY overcharges for them at something like $5 a (small) bottle. So unless you want to shlep bottles on board with you (and if you book longer cruises that would be almost impossible) - the upgrade is worth it even if the wine selection is atrocious.

I upgrade specifically so I can drink perrier, san pellegrino ($5.50 for large plus gratuities) also Evian.  If I don't have the package I bring a case of San Pellegrino and have porters send with my luggage.  Never had issues.  

20220130_114520.jpg

10 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I upgrade specifically so I can drink perrier, san pellegrino ($5.50 for large plus gratuities) also Evian.  If I don't have the package I bring a case of San Pellegrino and have porters send with my luggage.  Never had issues.  

20220130_114520.jpg

Is that flavored San Pellegrino, in cans?

4 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Is that flavored San Pellegrino, in cans?

Yes dark Morello cherry and pomegranate flavor.  It makes the best aperol spritzers.  Flavour is not strong as one would think. 

Edited by drakes2

Just now, drakes2 said:

Yes dark Montello cherry and pomegranate flavor.  It makes the best aperol spritzers.  Flavour is not strong as one would think. 

Ahh.  I was wondering how you got a case of glass bottles all the way to your cabin!

On 12/19/2022 at 8:38 AM, drakes2 said:

On my September October Equinox cruise I overheard a sommelier telling a guest that many with the Premium package were drinking wines from Basic. What a money grabber.

d2 - was that by choice or chance due to lack of inventory aboard, do you know???

Cheers and bon voyage

On 12/19/2022 at 9:14 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

In my state, liquor stores were open during the Covid shutdown because alcohol was deemed "essential".  Essential is in the eye of the individual.

Methinks it was not that alcohol was "essential" vs the high tax rates states were losing on other purchases that were caught up in shut downs ... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1