Has anyone yet tried to redeem a $10 Wi-Fi upgrade voucher?

NutsAboutGolf

56 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

On my next sailing I prepaid for premium Wi-Fi so would need to call to cancel the existing then purchase basic and apply the voucher

Do you mean the upgrade bought online? If so, there is nothing you need to do...it is automatically applied.

If you call in and ask what type of wifi you have, they should tell you premium...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

On my next sailing I prepaid for premium Wi-Fi so would need to call to cancel the existing then purchase basic and apply the voucher

You purchased an upgrade from basic to premium wifi when you already have premium wifi?

1 minute ago, alyssamma said:

So did you call and ask what type of wifi you had?

Was checking if there is any info.  I bought the two device premium months ago, before the voucher appeared in the cruise planner.  I just purchased the voucher during the cyber Monday sale

9 minutes ago, RichYak said:

You purchased an upgrade from basic to premium wifi when you already have premium wifi?

Yes as it’ll be cheaper to cancel my current premium package then purchase the basic.  While I doubt it will be honored, who knows, maybe the $9.99 upgrade would apply to two devices

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes as it’ll be cheaper to request a premium package cancel and refund then rebuy the basic.  While I doubt it will be honored, who knows, maybe the $9.99 upgrade would apply to two devices

Well, at worst, you’re out $9.99 I guess. I would have cancelled premium and purchased basic first then purchase the upgrade but what do I know. 

Edited by RichYak
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Well, at worst, you’re out $9.99 I guess. I would have cancelled premium and purchased basic first then purchase the upgrade but what do I know. 

That’s what I was thinking.  Also I have 8 more X sailings currently booked, I purchased the voucher for ALL of them.  Only pre-paid Wi-Fi for the next two

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

That’s what I was thinking.  Also I have 8 more X sailings currently booked, I purchased the voucher for ALL of them.  Only pre-paid Wi-Fi for the next two

You’ll have plenty of data points to crowd source. 

36 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes as it’ll be cheaper to cancel my current premium package then purchase the basic.  While I doubt it will be honored, who knows, maybe the $9.99 upgrade would apply to two devices

So, not sure why you won't call. AFAICT, they don't know you bought it for a "wrong" price...they just see your wifi has been upgraded.

Don't call and say you got this amazing 9,99 deal, just call and say you are unsure what type of wifi you have and would like to know. My guess is they will say premium, in which case you are all set and there's nothing to "honor".

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RichYak said:

He already has premium wifi without rhe voucher. 

LOL, I just re-read the thread and I'm still confused. I thought the OP had premium, canceled, then bought basic + upgrade. If so, X should tell them they have premium, right?

5 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

LOL, I just re-read the thread and I'm still confused. I thought the OP had premium, canceled, then bought basic + upgrade. If so, X should tell them they have premium, right?

Will call them tomorrow or Tuesday.  I currently have the premium package and the upgrade voucher; when I call in, I will cancel the premium and purchase the basic

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Will call them tomorrow or Tuesday.  I currently have the premium package and the upgrade voucher; when I call in, I will cancel the premium and purchase the basic

Gotcha...now I understand. Please let us know what happens...

So I called, first cancelled my existing premium wifi package then bought the basic.  Once both were complete I asked about the voucher, rep had no idea what I was talking about (lol).  Looks like I'll just wait until I get on board, will first try the internet manager then the guest services

• 1 month later...

I’ll follow up on my own thread.  May vary by ship, but on the solstice, the internet manager opens up an excel spreadsheet which has a dedicated voucher column.  Either you have it or you don’t whether if you purchased when it was per sailing or per day

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 8:08 PM, juanita1767 said:

I am cruising on Dec 24 and purchased the upgrade voucher for our 10 days cruise. 

Oh that is awesome news.  We bought the all inclusive, so have basic wifi.  Then bought the upgrade for $9.99.  Doesn't say per day, just $9.99.  I know, I know.

Looking forward to it working in a few months.  

Frankly, if not, won't even rise to the level of going to guest services, unless there is another reason.