Airfare prices

krissmatt

What are your hotels in Fll  costing you vs. pre-Covid?

What is your cruise costing you vs. pre-Covid?

Restaurant meals in Fll?

Rental cars in Fll?

It isn't just Air Canada, welcome to Inflation V22.0.

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, everbeentoseabilly said:

We have found WestJet and porter to have better fares lately. 

And Porter is expanding it's North American routes next year with all the new planes they bought. 

You gotta love competition!

Hey, it still won't be cheap but I'll take what I can get!

57 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I’m not sure of your return date but I did a Google search one way for the date you posted.  Prices look decent. 

A70F6E7B-5D95-4236-8234-6E40C87F8C2F.jpeg

Flair was more expensive than AC?

WOW! that's like a Chevy Spark being more expensive than a ....

.... Nissan Versa 😁

What, you thought I would say a Cadillac? 🤣

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, krissmatt said:

Good day looks like Canadians are getting squeezed  hard by air Canada  and all airlines for none stop for flights from Toronto to fll  trying to book for feb 25 2023 .Waiting to see if there will be a Xmas sale.

Until the 3-4 times a day non stop flights return to other international airports (Ottawa, Halifax, Winnipeg, etc) there isn’t as much competition. So yes, prices will fluctuate for quite sometime… until we get to a new normal for market price. That will mean a lot of up and down. Sometimes the return cost portion of the trip is disproportionate to the flight south. You may have other options with a stopover in the USA on way back. Check Expedia or Orbitz, etc. They are consolidators and their flights will often show airline partners with connections in flight path towards YYZ, not necessarily AC till the last leg. Sometimes it’s easier to just book at the price you’re comfortable with. Or ask AC to quite you on same flights as the consolidators ….. sometimes it’s possible that you’ll get that price with AC if there’s a sweet spot between supply/demand.

On 12/19/2022 at 7:57 PM, canadianbear said:

I’m not sure of your return date but I did a Google search one way for the date you posted.  Prices look decent. 

A70F6E7B-5D95-4236-8234-6E40C87F8C2F.jpeg

When I look at flights to Mia out of TORONTO, they look reasonable, if not cheap....then when I book a return flight (not before Noon)....price usually jumps about 400.00.....UGH..unless you don't mind a 3-4 hour stop over somewhere....NO THANKS

• 3 weeks later...

As a Newfoundlander I feel your pain. Westjet has stopped flying into FLL on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and have really started pulling out of Newfoundland as an option. Really AC is our only option and they know it based on the prices we have to pay. Not to mention the general lack of planes coming to this end of the country, when we fly to FLL, we normally have a 4-6hr layover in Toronto, and on our way back from trips we can add almost a day. Last Feb when we flew WestJet, we had almost 23hrs in Toronto before we could get a flight back to Newfoundland. It's gross, both cost and choice.