Millennium Aqua Class - Deck 9 vs Deck 11

BeachTunes

Hello! (Again!)

Looking at Aqua Class rooms on the Millennium it appears that some are either underneath the Oceanview Cafe or below "Movies Under The Stars"...

QUESTION #1:

Upon doing some research, I see the following rooms might be available for our preferred cruise. I'm curious if anyone has insight on the "peacefulness" of these rooms for morning Sea Day sleep-ins and late afternoon for naps. I sense they're all OK but would appreciate affirmation as I overthink everything. LOL!

AQ 9127 

AQ 9175

AQ 1100

AQ 1107

QUESTION #2:

I think I read that deck 11 AQ rooms are newer. Is there a big difference between the new and older staterooms?

NOTES:

-Balcony Overhang vs No Overhang doesn't matter to us so that doesn't factor in our room selection.

-Aqua is pricing out LESS than every other balcony category for this cruise. Go figure!

Thanks yet again for all of your help here. I'm determined to book something with Celebrity soon! What a treat it would be to have a winter cruise to look forward to!

Edited by BeachTunes

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Remember Aqua class is not always in the best location.  Like right under the pool.  I’d prefer something on deck 9 under other cabins rather than under the pool or buffet etc.

Thank you for your thoughts! This is the dilemma! On The Millennium, Aqua Class staterooms appear to be either on Deck 9 below the pool deck or on Deck 11 below the newer rooftop deck with movies playing at times. I have faith that some rooms have to be quiet! LOL! 

We have enjoyed Blu in the past and it also turns out that regular balcony cabins are actually pricing out more than Aqua right now. I don't think I could justify paying more for a regular verandah and missing out on the AQ perks. 

As I always say when planning vacations, this is a good problem to have to solve... 

We generally stay in an Aqua class cabin on either deck 9 or 11.

9127 and 9175 are both under the pool deck and can be noisy,

1100 is next to the door and when the whips along the open deck, and it does, the heavy door tends to slam. 1107 is across from the stairs/elevator lobby but it's a quiet deck. You might hear sounds from the movie on your balcony but shouldn't hear anything bothersome in the cabin.

The quietest Aqua cabins on deck 9 are port cabins beginning with 9125 to 9133. On the starboard side check out 9104 to 9112. These cabins are under the carpeted foyer leading to the Oceanview Cafe. 

The very best Aqua cabins are the aft cabins on deck 11.

The deck 11 cabins are newer but age is relative. The Aqua class cabins are also a little larger than the standard veranda cabins with enhanced shower fixtures. 

Take the Aqua! 

• Like 1

Never had a noise issue in the Deck 11 cabins.  At times while sitting on the balcony could hear the movies in the background, but not loud enough to matter to us.  Have never done a Deck 11 at the very rear of the ship - there could be noise from the bar back there?  My only issue with Deck 11 cabins is that on hot weather cruises it is often way too hot to sit out on the balcony but you said that didn't concern you.  The location is great - right near the elevators with quick and easy access to both Blu and the buffet.  When sailing M class in AQ we always choose those cabins unless a hot weather cruise with lots of sea days as we are balcony people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeachTunes said:

Thank you for sharing this. That makes me so happy! We're so close to making it an official booking! 🙂

It’s very easy access to the pool area and a flight down to the Oceanview Cafe and Sunset bar. I really liked deck 11. It was just hard to find on day 1 😂

• Like 1

@phoenix_dream and @kruzerci: You both have sold me on Deck 11! Thank you! Being close to the Oceanview Cafe, Sunset Bar and a short few flights of stairs to Blu will be very convenient! 

@hampshirelad Thank you for that pointer! I can only imagine how loud a cruise ship pool filtration system must be! LOL!

• 1 year later...