One More Newbie Platinum Question - dropping off luggage in room

groundloop

5 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I am pretty sure it is standardized. You had a small, uncommon hiccup here, and did not want to "bother" anyone to get it rectified.  Stuff happens.  For well over 99% of passengers this week, this perk worked just fine.  I am sorry this happened to you, but I don't think it's fair to use your extremely uncommon experience to slam the program as a whole.

Yet, he's giving first hand information and you are purely speculating. How many passengers have you polled to ask their experience? You claim it's "uncommon" but maybe it's not the way it used to be? Benifit of the doubt and all. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, overeasy said:

It is not listed as a platinum/diamond benefit, which of course is a source for confusion. FTTF lists early luggage drop off benefit, and states that this also applies to platinum/diamond, but wouldn't it be nice if we didn't need to play interwebs detective. Like maybe just print instructions for us on our boarding pass.

It was included in an email sent to P+Ds last month; see third bullet point below.  But it's still not updated in the online chart of VIFP benefits. 

Screenshot_20221225_212123_Yahoo Mail.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Yet, he's giving first hand information and you are purely speculating. How many passengers have you polled to ask their experience? You claim it's "uncommon" but maybe it's not the way it used to be? Benifit of the doubt and all. 

Perhaps the OP should have given Carnival the benefit of the doubt.

And given the fact that posters on CC complain about anything and everything, and I have never seen anyone else post about this, I think it is pretty safe to assume that it does not happen very often.

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Perhaps the OP should have given Carnival the benefit of the doubt.

And given the fact that posters on CC complain about anything and everything, and I have never seen anyone else post about this, I think it is pretty safe to assume that it does not happen very often.

You're an apologist, I'm a Carnival fan but won't be an apologist. They get it wrong sometimes and a flag needs to be thrown sometimes.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

You can usually muster immediately upon boarding (with the new system) so this wouldn't explain it. 

But not everyone does.  I have been on two cruises out of Galveston (just since the restart) where we couldn't leave because people hadn't mustered and they were calling out names over the loud system.  And it was under the new system.