Epic back up

dexddd

1 minute ago, tgloersen said:

Im really not sure, i thought maybe a Coast Guard inspection?  Or the obviuos something is wrong ship wise.  Prety late not to be even baording yet.

Marine Traffic says its last stop was St Thomas, so unless they stopped ther first i dont think it was on a TA.

19 minutes ago, Middleager said:

Epic did TA 2022.12.7-13 Lisbon to New York.  We were on b2b on Epic in Med that ended in Lisbon on 2022.12.7.

After New York, Epic goes to San Juan, to spend the winter in the Caribbean.

OK so i think we have the answer to the question of TA, they must have just completed a carib run but wonder whats going on.

That is weird. We were on the first cruise of the season on the Dawn out of San Juan in November of 2017. Things were moving smoothly, which surprised us a bit. Not only was this the first cruise of the season for the ship, but 2017 was the year of the hurricanes and San Juan as a whole was in pretty bad shape.

I’m on the Epic. It was bad! It took me three hours from the time I got to the terminal until I was on board. Spoke to a couple that had priority boarding due to status and it took them 2 1/2 hours. So much for customer appreciation. Rumor in the line was that some people from the previous cruise didn’t get off and had to be found and removed. True? Not true? Who the heck knows. 

Lots of chaos. Hours of waiting, much of it outdoors. At least I was in the shade. And as just about everybody pointed out, nobody from NCL was around. It would have done a world of good to have people out, reassuring people that, yes, they were in the right line. Handing out water. Giving some special care to the elderly and those who needed it. Maybe even an apology or two. 

Not a good start. 

Edited by wcook
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, wcook said:

Rumor in the line was that some people from the previous cruise didn’t get off and had to be found and removed. True? Not true? Who the heck knows. 

Wonder if it was a back to back person who didn't think they needed to get off the ship?

Have a great trip though!

1 hour ago, wcook said:

I’m on the Epic. It was bad! It took me three hours from the time I got to the terminal until I was on board. Spoke to a couple that had priority boarding due to status and it took them 2 1/2 hours. So much for customer appreciation. Rumor in the line was that some people from the previous cruise didn’t get off and had to be found and removed. True? Not true? Who the heck knows. 

Lots of chaos. Hours of waiting, much of it outdoors. At least I was in the shade. And as just about everybody pointed out, nobody from NCL was around. It would have done a world of good to have people out, reassuring people that, yes, they were in the right line. Handing out water. Giving some special care to the elderly and those who needed it. Maybe even an apology or two. 

Not a good start. 

we waited in line 3 hours in the hot blazing sun, and then another hour once inside. 2 people collapsed due to the heat while we were in line. Norwegian provided water in tiny paper cups, BUT you had to get out of line and go to the front of the building to get them. We finally got on the ship at 5:30, and they’re just making random announcements like “go to your muster stations” and “don’t put things on the balcony”. NO ONE has come over the intercom to apologize, thank people for their patience, or update when we will be leaving (or hours late as of right now).

this was an epic fail!

Thanks all of those with live experiences and sorry for the experience you had to get on ship.

When Epic first sailed out of there it was a disaster but they got things working much better so it is odd things lapsed here.  I did check two hours later and it was pretty well opened.

We've sailed out of that pier on the Gem and it wasn't really designed for a ship that size or even for two ships at the same time.

2 hours ago, KyleClark said:

I was on the Epic that debarked in San Juan,  I've read on our roll call that some guests didn't know San Juan was the port and they had to get off.  They thought the ship was returning to NY.

How little attention to your reservation do you have to pay to not know where you get off the ship lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KyleClark said:

I was on the Epic that debarked in San Juan,  I've read on our roll call that some guests didn't know San Juan was the port and they had to get off.  They thought the ship was returning to NY.

So now they are trying to book flights back to NY???

That sounds like Epic bad planning!

I'll show myself out...

Edited by Brian V
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

As mentioned earlier my daughter is on Epic now and hasd to wait as well.  She went to customer service to complain (received NO OBC) but the excuse given to her from NCL, was they were collecting all the complaints and decidiing what to do if any compansation.  I told her dont hold your breath.

Now the problem as NCL claims to her, was that a Haven couple wanted to extend there vacation and the NCL had no available cabins adn they took there time to pack up and get off the ship.  This makes a a bit of sense as i know for a foact they will not begin to board the ship until all previous passangers debarked.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

we just got off and embarkation was a nightmare last week too.  3+ hours in the hot sun and no explanation.  worst ncl cruise i have been on, captain and senior staff non existent all week.

Sorry to hear that.  How did they handle embarkation?  Was there more than one area?  When the Epic first sailed there it was a mess but they eventually created more check in spots including outside from what I've seen reported which made things better.

As everyone stated it was an EPIC fail...we also waited 3 + hrs to get on the boat plus the time it took in the cab line to get to that boarding group (line made up by the people themselves - water took several hrs to be provided). No-one from either the port company nor NCL had any explanations nor apologies at all. We then had medical emergencies on board (obviously not NCL's fault) causing the boat to travel at high/rough water speeds to get to the next port. Port of call at St Kitts was cut short, people were left behind there...2 hrs to get a cab at disembarkation to get to a local hotel. The cruise was fun but the start and end has left a really bad taste for any one we've talked to. NCL should recognize and take responsibility for what happened and at least have kept people in the loop.