Epic back up

dexddd

7 hours ago, eamc01 said:

Port of call at St Kitts was cut short, people were left behind there.

That was super weird. They moved up the all aboard two two hours. Maybe I missed it, but there was zero announcement of the change. You had to read the daily newsletter and notice that it was 3:30 instead of 5:30. I would have expected signs upon leaving the boat and have crew remind every single person leaving. But that didn’t seem to be the NCL way. At least not this cruise. 

On 12/27/2022 at 1:11 PM, tgloersen said:

Now the problem as NCL claims to her, was that a Haven couple wanted to extend there vacation and the NCL had no available cabins adn they took there time to pack up and get off the ship.

All right, now I’m <peeved>  Now that I’m home, is there any way for me to officially complain? Not that I expect anything in return. But this is sooo wrong. 

On 12/24/2022 at 5:56 PM, JesseB said:

How little attention to your reservation do you have to pay to not know where you get off the ship lol

Or when.  It's Saturday, your cruise is over.  Must have been some bender the night before!  

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2022 at 1:11 PM, tgloersen said:

Now the problem as NCL claims to her, was that a Haven couple wanted to extend there vacation and the NCL had no available cabins adn they took there time to pack up and get off the ship.  This makes a a bit of sense as i know for a foact they will not begin to board the ship until all previous passangers debarked.

You're correct, the ship has to get to "zero count" before the next set of passengers are allowed aboard.  And I suppose this is as plausible as any other explanation but geez, if true,  the sense of entitlement something like that takes! 

Most of us make our arrangements weeks/months in advance.  These people decided on disembarkation day?  The day before?  And they didn't recognize that all the Haven cabins would have been awarded to bidder upgrades a week or two before?  Wild...

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Glad we decided to not book sailing out of San Juan again.

Is it "safe" enough for our late afternoon port visit in about 8 days (Jan 23) after NCL cut short our total port time by an hour in the "spirit" of Sail & Sustain, LOL 😠 🙄 👴   Getting too old to read about these nonsense.   With all the stuff happening, we pulled our 3 balconies booked on the Prima in April with a wait-n-see, undecided about a last minute T/A on the Sun.  DW going to make the call after our 12 nighters and possibly give MSC a trial run (and, match our Sapphire status.)  Regards.

Edited by mking8288

45 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Another week, backup again.  12:45 local so a bit early but clearly not figured out.  Glad we decided to not book sailing out of San Juan again.

Hopefully in 3 weeks everything is better. Im not looking forward at driving 2.5 hours to wait ANOTHER 2.5 hours in a line just to board the ship.

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Is it "safe" enough for our late afternoon port visit in about 8 days (Jan 23) after NCL cut short our total port time by an hour in the "spirit" of Sail & Sustain, LOL 😠 🙄 👴   Getting too old to read about these nonsense.   With all the stuff happening, we pulled our 3 balconies booked on the Prima in April with a wait-n-see, undecided about a last minute T/A on the Sun.  DW going to make the call after our 12 nighters and possibly give MSC a trial run (and, match our Sapphire status.)  Regards.

Port visits and embarking don’t use the same pier. It’s perfectly”safe”. Because you have so many complaints about NCL you should definitely switch to MSC. 

Edited by zqvol

14 minutes ago, Srpellot said:

Hopefully in 3 weeks everything is better. Im not looking forward at driving 2.5 hours to wait ANOTHER 2.5 hours in a line just to board the ship.

If you’re not in a rush going later should less wait. 

This is the traffic at 1:38

image.png.2c6f21e0394864b1c5fa19bf225c9bb7.png

11 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

If you’re not in a rush going later should less wait. 

This is the traffic at 1:38

image.png.2c6f21e0394864b1c5fa19bf225c9bb7.png

We have to go early because we will be leaving the cars at a private parking for the week and we can't afford for the parking to be full before we get there. But it looks like the afternoon is a very feasible idea to minimize the waiting time. 

50 minutes ago, Srpellot said:

We have to go early because we will be leaving the cars at a private parking for the week and we can't afford for the parking to be full before we get there. But it looks like the afternoon is a very feasible idea to minimize the waiting time. 

I understand. Part of the issue seems to be that check in doesn’t open until 11 but people line up before that. But also that road seems to be a huge traffic bottleneck. 

On 1/15/2023 at 11:19 AM, mking8288 said:

We just did our first TA and it was very relaxing.

Maybe we'll see you on Meraviglia some day.

On 12/23/2022 at 3:11 PM, tgloersen said:

Im really not sure, i thought maybe a Coast Guard inspection?  Or the obviuos something is wrong ship wise.  Prety late not to be even baording yet.

We're on a B2B we boarded the ship at noon so I am unsure why they wouldn't allow your daughter to board.