Picture-A-Week 2022 - Week 52

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, December 26 and Sunday, January 1, 2023.

This is it. The last week in the year. It's now or never for 2022. Post some photos!

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

We had a very nice, sunny, but cold, Christmas Day in Central Ohio.  It was a real White Christmas.  See below as proof from Christmas Day, plus two from this morning.  The deer are busy and out working today.  Not taking today off as a holiday.   Sorry for mixing up Week 51 and 52 pictures. 

Are those in south Florida and in the SW jealous of us having snow on the ground?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

At the top right corner, see the red cardinal in the tree?

image.thumb.jpeg.fb0ae4ebc574358aec3d0709d385905b.jpeg

The deer are out working this morning in Central Ohio around where we have some of our outdoor Christmas decorations.: 

image.thumb.jpeg.e524253ee03d5e5093939f90590a2fbb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d0205acb7eb13b93df69f0d367072c43.jpeg

• Like 8

Was on the Celebrity Solstice for the New Years cruise.  Here are some photos I took the week leading up to the New Year

Took this while on the tender to Cabo

DSC_8724.thumb.jpg.3e5df681082aecab479955608c104a9e.jpg

The atrium area of the Solstice and you can see the Christmas decorations are still up

DSC_8601.thumb.jpg.47fe03ece27716bdc168e7b61a44fa71.jpg

Loved the shows on the cruise

DSC_9417-2.thumb.jpg.fa9698303d88cfc414389eaf5fa947c8.jpg

• Like 6

Even though we have a rather large number of cruises under our belt, we have never done a Christmas or New Year's holiday cruise. Until now. On the day after Christmas, we gathered up Ron and Peri and drove down to the Los Angeles Cruise Port to board the Celebrity Solstice for a week of relaxing prior to giving 2022 a well-deserved burial. We may have to make this a habit as it was pretty darned wonderful. We ate, drank and were merry. I even wore a tux on New Year’s Eve! I forgot what a finicky pain in the butt they are to assemble and likely will never wear one again, but it was a good last time. We boys were dapper, and the girls were both lovely. Good to go and good to come home. That’s how it should be.

Goodbye 2022!

1363758464_2022-52Goodbye2022.thumb.jpg.53589e4aa65f3bd70a03175488d7e658.jpg

Dave

• Like 8

2 hours ago, pierces said:

Even though we have a rather large number of cruises under our belt, we have never done a Christmas or New Year's holiday cruise. Until now. On the day after Christmas, we gathered up Ron and Peri and drove down to the Los Angeles Cruise Port to board the Celebrity Solstice for a week of relaxing prior to giving 2022 a well-deserved burial. We may have to make this a habit as it was pretty darned wonderful. We ate, drank and were merry. I even wore a tux on New Year’s Eve! I forgot what a finicky pain in the butt they are to assemble and likely will never wear one again, but it was a good last time. We boys were dapper, and the girls were both lovely. Good to go and good to come home. That’s how it should be.

Goodbye 2022!

1363758464_2022-52Goodbye2022.thumb.jpg.53589e4aa65f3bd70a03175488d7e658.jpg

Dave

Looks like we were on the same cruise! I think it was one of your friends who told me about this thread 😀

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, martymcfry said:

Looks like we were on the same cruise! I think it was one of your friends who told me about this thread 😀

Small world, but a big ship!

Hope your trip was as fun for you as ours was for us!

I finished processing the photos this morning... Link below:

2022 Solstice NYE (pptphoto.com)

Dave

3 hours ago, martymcfry said:

Looks like we were on the same cruise! I think it was one of your friends who told me about this thread

Welcome, we hope you'll visit us here, among other places, on CruiseCritic.com

So cool that you and Dave met on the Holiday cruise (what time zone was the NYE countdown taking place?) and thanks to @pierces for the shoutout, as well as the wonderful weekly photo of the week topic! Can't wait to see what we see in '23!

Happy New Year 🎆 🎉

Colleen

Made it out to the local wetlands on Saturday, New Year's Eve, 12/31/2022...some of the action found:

A pied-billed grebe, normally a cute, fluffy little water bird, angrily chasing another grebe out of its territory:

original.jpg

Here's what the little grebe is supposed to look, all peaceful and fluffy:

original.jpg

An osprey, coming up from a failed dive without a fish:

original.jpg

A marsh rabbit, out on the grassy levee:

original.jpg

A great blue heron, just landed next to its mate at their nesting spot:

original.jpg

Alligator, cruising the waters in the golden hour, before sunset:

original.jpg

An ibis flying by, giving me the eye, just before sunset:

original.jpg

A double-crested cormorant banking around as it approaches the island of trees it intends to land on:

original.jpg

A red-shouldered hawk, catching the warm low light as I shoot into the setting sun:

original.jpg

A trio of black-bellied whistling ducks flying past, sun at my back, as they head off to their nighttime roosting spot:

original.jpg

• Like 5