Carnival Dream - guys burger buns are different

Ryanthe4aces

11 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Already established that Carnival uses frozen parbarked foodservice pastries; see post 97. 

While it may be possible to make thousands of these from scratch daily, It's simply not an efficient use of resources (especially labor) when these can be bought cheaper from their foodservice vendors than they can be made from scratch.  Save the labor for actual desserts that the customer is going to value more than a danish or cinnamon roll at breakfast.

I don't know... most of the "desserts" which are on full (colorful) display in the buffet might as well be Styrofoam. LOL

(and even the fancier, for a fee, creations at the specialty coffee place!)

Tom

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Already established that Carnival uses frozen parbarked foodservice pastries; see post 97. 

While it may be possible to make thousands of these from scratch daily, It's simply not an efficient use of resources (especially labor) when these can be bought cheaper from their foodservice vendors than they can be made from scratch.  Save the labor for actual desserts that the customer is going to value more than a danish or cinnamon roll at breakfast.

I was addressing the contention that a uniform looking baked good had to be mass produced but yes, it does make sense to use frozen in a banquet type setting.

On 12/31/2022 at 4:54 PM, staceyglow said:

I can't honestly imagine how any type of french fry could be considered disgusting unless it was completely under- or overcooked  (which I doubt they would intentionally serve).  Maybe not to one's liking, but not disgusting...

The seasoning was not to my liking. Stale fries are disgusting as well, which i had last night from the deli. Btw like everything taste wise it's my opinion, I chose to share it. You can agree or disagree doesn't matter it's an OPINION....

10 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

The seasoning was not to my liking. Stale fries are disgusting as well, which i had last night from the deli. Btw like everything taste wise it's my opinion, I chose to share it. You can agree or disagree doesn't matter it's an OPINION....

Okay, but to me there is a huge distinction between "not to my liking" and "disgusting".  "Disgusting" implies that no reasonable person would want to eat them. 

I don't care for bleu cheese. If you made me a salad that had bleu cheese crumbles on it, would you want me to call it "disgusting"? 

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Quoting yourself doesn't establish anything. All that was established was that it is possible.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Okay, but to me there is a huge distinction between "not to my liking" and "disgusting".  "Disgusting" implies that no reasonable person would want to eat them. 

I don't care for bleu cheese. If you made me a salad that had bleu cheese crumbles on it, would you want me to call it "disgusting"? 

And again that is MY opinion. I expressed how I felt about something 

On 1/2/2023 at 10:19 AM, babygrljaz said:

Food is SUBJECTIVE. Like you say, an opinion. Some people like steaks well done. To me, that is an abomination. Not even bleu cheese can save those.

• Haha 2