Deja Vu All Over Again! - Mardi Gras NYE Mostly Live - Let's run it back!

TxTeach79

5 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

What is the name of the chain of resorts?  Is this related to time share?

I did a lot of research on them for my cancun trips. They have a bunch of all-inclusive resorts in Mexico and other places. From my Miami research I know they  have a hotel in south beach. They have a hotel in Times Square as well.

https://www.riu.com/

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I did a lot of research on them for my cancun trips. They have a bunch of all-inclusive resorts in Mexico and other places. From my Miami research I know they  have a hotel in south beach. They have a hotel in Times Square as well.

https://www.riu.com/

It's a time share mostly and there are a lot on redweek (and places like that), they also have built in services at the locations to act as agents so they show up on booking engines as well, some properties also have units for in-house hoteling as well (direct booking). 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

It's a time share mostly and there are a lot on redweek (and places like that), they also have built in services at the locations to act as agents so they show up on booking engines as well, some properties also have units for in-house hoteling as well (direct booking). 

It looks like the Aruba one is at least. I don’t think all those cancun all-inclusives are time shares.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It looks like the Aruba one is at least. I don’t think all those cancun all-inclusives are time shares.

A lot of them are, nearly every all-inclusive will have time shares, it's a huge money maker for suckers, er a "owners". 😁 All those fees aren't investments and are just a money pit. You can usually stay at any of the same places whenever you want without all the up-front and ongoing costs and worries about fractional ownership and deeded vs non-deeded ownership as most just perpetually depreciate. You can bet than any place that call sell them, will and is. There is no downside so why not? If you inquire at any of them I'm sure they will offer to get you set up and probably give you some "free" stuff just for sitting down with them. 😅   

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

A lot of them are, nearly every all-inclusive will have time shares, it's a huge money maker for suckers, er a "owners". 😁 All those fees aren't investments and are just a money pit. You can usually stay at any of the same places whenever you want without all the up-front and ongoing costs and worries about fractional ownership and deeded vs non-deeded ownership as most just perpetually depreciate. You can bet than any place that call sell them, will and is. There is no downside so why not? If you inquire at any of them I'm sure they will offer to get you set up and probably give you some "free" stuff just for sitting down with them. 😅   

That doesn’t appear to be the case but this isn’t the place to discuss it..

• Like 4