Youngest Pinnacle

17 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Love you signature. I think I should change mine to "I waited until I retired and now I wish I had more money for cruising" 

So true, I am getting closer to retirement (my DH retired at 53) but am enjoying what my salary allows us to enjoy now.  So have the money but not enough vacation time from work.  When I retire I will have the time but not the $$!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 12/28/2022 at 2:44 AM, SG65CB said:

He earned the points on his own and didn't inherit Pinnacle status from his parents. Wow. 

Edited to add that by RC rules, children and grandchildren in the household automatically get their parents' status tier level, EXCEPT Pinnacle.

Earned🤔

Mommy and Daddy took him on a cruise 🤣

I earned mine by paying for them, as well ad my lovely wife's to an extent😉

• Haha 2

On 12/28/2022 at 6:44 AM, nelblu said:

In the Guiness book of worlds record.  

Was he handed that heavy object at the ceremony.

Will he be wearing the gold pin.🤣

Temporary title I'm sure. Likely be a 3 or 4 year old next

43 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Earned🤔

But at least he was on the cruises regardless of who signed the bills.  Very different from someone who has never cruised and but get their parents or partner's status on their first cruise.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

But at least he was on the cruises regardless of who signed the bills.  Very different from someone who has never cruised and but get their parents or partner's status on their first cruise.  

Absolutely, just that the term 'earned' is a pet peeve. Qualified is a better term

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Earned🤔

Qualified/became. agreed on that maybe being a better word.  

Wait. you mean that my DD who is 21 who has cruised since she was 5 and is now close to D+ will not be D+ when she sails without me because she was a kid and didnt pay for it? Sorry, i am 2 glasses of wine into pre-cruise excitement and packing and cant seem to wrap my mind around this. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

Qualified/became. agreed on that maybe being a better word.  

Wait. you mean that my DD who is 21 who has cruised since she was 5 and is now close to D+ will not be D+ when she sails without me because she was a kid and didnt pay for it? Sorry, i am 2 glasses of wine into pre-cruise excitement and packing and cant seem to wrap my mind around this. 

Need more details. She will keep whatever status you had on her 18th birthday. Now if she sailed every cruise you did, she will have same pounts as you and be close to D+ as are you.

But if she had less actual points than you, she still had a way to go to move up to next level.

Not uncommon for 18 year olds to be D or D+, but only have 30 or 40 true points. Just takes them longer to hit next level.

Now in the case of spouses, we have 'relationship' points. That's how I became Pinnacle with only 400 actual points. Doesn't work that way with kids. I currently have 800+ actual points, but the wife has around 1500. 

But my C&A status shows I have those same 1500 points

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You jumped in the middle of a conversation 😉

Oh, so sorry! Didn’t know you own CC and dictate the rules. Lighten up anyways please... on your attitude and entitlement. Give the boy a break. Be happy for him. Remember what you posted to me once about jealousy. I'm honestly not trying to be rude. I just don't undestand why the meanness. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Oh, so sorry! Didn’t know you own CC and dictate the rules. Lighten up anyways please... on your attitude and entitlement. Give the boy a break. Be happy for him. Remember what you posted to me once about jealousy. I'm honestly not trying to be rude. I just don't undestand why the meanness. 

Gotta take the bad with the good😉

And FWIW, lots of folks don't consider Pinnacle status an achievement. Its just another level in a marketing program.

And like I said, a year from now a toddler will have 'earned' their pin no doubt.

It was earlier this year that a 14 year old girl earned title of youngest Pinnacle. Bar keeps dropping

13 minutes ago, Ashland said:

That's just amazing...but can I ask why this poster (Dad) has never posted on CC before with all that experience ? Or am I missing something that he has a website ?

Do you think it could be an attempt at marketing his website? I got the impression Dad and son cruise together but that is just an assumption. 

• Like 2