Turn Down to be reduced to once a day 2023!

ulster-cruiser

1 hour ago, disneylover89 said:

Hopefully an employee will just walk down the hall and put a Freestyle in everyone's mailbox at night

I heard they will be rolling out a fee for the freetsyles.

$29.95 for Color, $19.95 black and white. One only $4.95. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, disneylover89 said:

Hopefully an employee will just walk down the hall and put a Freestyle in everyone's mailbox at night

Why would you think that they would not just leave them when they make up the cabins? Its not like they print them right before they pass them out.

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion...but we always questioned why they have to come into the room so much every day.  Once a day is more than enough for us.  👍

With that said, I totally understand the resistance to change.  However, in this particular instance it doesn't bother us much....if at all.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Why would you think that they would not just leave them when they make up the cabins? Its not like they print them right before they pass them out.

Well based on the post below yours, I was right and the reason I thought it would be delivered at night is because NCL makes so many changes everyday to itineraries, shows, etc, I doubt they are printed too soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pandncruisers said:

We are on the breakaway and it is only once a day our steward told us it would be between 10 & 5 and we do get the printed daily delivered in the evening.  

Thanks for sharing this. It sounds that, unlike Carnival, there's no choice of morning or evening service; they'll get to it when they get to it. I admit that I'm not thrilled about this, but it's not too much different than my land hotel experiences.

36 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing this. It sounds that, unlike Carnival, there's no choice of morning or evening service; they'll get to it when they get to it. I admit that I'm not thrilled about this, but it's not too much different than my land hotel experiences.

Our last hotel experience was no houskeeping at all.  We picked up clean towels from the front desk.  When our wastebaskets were full, we were told to put them in the hall, and someone would come to empty them.

I was on the Jan. 3rd Sky cruise and, since I was sailing solo, I asked the steward to just go ahead and service the room once per day, even though I understand that was the last sailing with twice per day service.  I let him choose what time was better and he said he would service my cabin in the morning.  He just put the Freestyle Daily paper in the door holder every evening.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

44 minutes ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

Our last hotel experience was no houskeeping at all.  We picked up clean towels from the front desk.  When our wastebaskets were full, we were told to put them in the hall, and someone would come to empty them.

My last hotel experience longer than overnight was at an AI a bit over a year ago. That had once daily service. But I've certainly heard of service cuts by hotels during the pandemic and that some are being kept as we transition away from it.

27 minutes ago, LloydJr said:

Isn't it exactly like land hotel experiences?

See above. Also, I tend to hang out in my cabin more when I'm cruising than I stay in my room on land.

On 1/20/2023 at 5:49 PM, Honolulu Blue said:

My last hotel experience longer than overnight was at an AI a bit over a year ago. That had once daily service. But I've certainly heard of service cuts by hotels during the pandemic and that some are being kept as we transition away from it.

See above. Also, I tend to hang out in my cabin more when I'm cruising than I stay in my room on land.

Ours was 5 nights.  The desk clerk said that they hope to resume housekeeping soon.

• Thanks 1

ON the BA right now, stateroom attendant ( new title ) informed us of the change to one service, no letter from NCL, guess they like throwing the lower tier employees to the wolf's.

She now has 22 cabins, push the makeup room light and she will stop by.

Able to get extra towels / wash cloths.

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Thanks 2

Quick update, dailies have been at the door around 5 PM each night, appears someone is going through the halls and cleaning up plates and glasses that have been left out. Laundry day today will be interesting when we get it back. Today is the first day that our cabin hasn't been cleaned before noon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Knicks1130 said:

Whats going to happen if you have four to a cabin?  Are you expected to pull the beds out of the ceiling?

We had to ask the stateroom attendant about the cleaning schedule and towels, suggest you do the same thing.