Free water bottles for Vero water

marylovestotravel

Our only experience with Vero so far has been on a Mexican Baja Regent cruise (identical Vero setup as Oceania) where we did not take any tours. Our next Oceania cruise will be a very port intensive Greek Island cruise. I cannot imagine schlepping those aluminum containers day after day on long tours. One option we have tried just hiking around home is collapsible reusable plastic drinking water bottles..Vapur brand. Will probably cruise with them in the future. Here is link, but also available on Amazon. Vapur | Reusable Water Bottle | Flexible Water Bottle

21 minutes ago, edgee said:

Our only experience with Vero so far has been on a Mexican Baja Regent cruise (identical Vero setup as Oceania) where we did not take any tours. Our next Oceania cruise will be a very port intensive Greek Island cruise. I cannot imagine schlepping those aluminum containers day after day on long tours. One option we have tried just hiking around home is collapsible reusable plastic drinking water bottles..Vapur brand. Will probably cruise with them in the future. Here is link, but also available on Amazon. Vapur | Reusable Water Bottle | Flexible Water Bottle

They would be good

We had Platypus  brand  that we used  on our boat

3 minutes ago, edgee said:

Those would certainly work. Frankly, we usually wind up buying or getting a plastic bottle of water on our travel to the ship. We keep one each for bedside use throughout the cruise and just take them off the ship for excursions. Recycle at the end, and we're all good. 🍺🥌

• Like 1

For those trying to decide whether to bring something and are concerned about weight...Metal bottle weight is 180 g or 6.3 oz empty (minus 6 g if the caribiner is removed). I don't have much plastic around but I found an old biking bottle about the same size for comparison...2.8 oz or 81 g (it's pretty thick plastic though). I like measuring things...thanks for the excuse 🙂 (Anyone read "A Shortage of Engineers"? 😆)

So nice to hear from people who are planning to use refillable water bottles, whether their own or the one Oceania provides. I guess the takeaway is that the Vero water bottles are adequate, but if you have personal preferences (eg) insulated, weight, etc. you should bring your own.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mia

• Like 3

1 minute ago, marylovestotravel said:

So nice to hear from people who are planning to use refillable water bottles, whether their own or the one Oceania provides. I guess the takeaway is that the Vero water bottles are adequate, but if you have personal preferences (eg) insulated, weight, etc. you should bring your own.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mia

We used to take our own  when you had to pay for water onboard  then when they changed  to include the water bottles  sadly we opted for convenience

We use refillable bottles at home so I should know better 

I used to take a small bottle of dish soap so I could  wash my refillable bottle inbetween uses  & get the slim out

everyone has to make their own choices

I showed these on another thread, available on Amazon, a jar of tablets designed specifically to cleanse and sanitize metal and plastic water bottle. Takes away any metallic taste. Container is about the size of an espresso cup (1.5 oz) containing 40 tablets. If you own YETI’s, you will have another use.

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Refillable water bottles sounded good. However, in reality, they were terrible.  They are not insulated. If you put ice in the water, the condensation sweat and dripped.  My spouse used it one day and gave up using it. I was so glad that I brought my own insulated containers.  Bring your own.

• Like 1