Best time to become "solo"?

celoplyr

18 hours ago, patattack said:

I did get double points for my Explorer cruise 11/26/2022.  My friend and I booked a Greece trip which we moved x 2 because of Covid.  I ended up cancelling it and got our deposit (I paid for both deposit at the time) back as we were still not ready to go this past May.   I wanted to go ahead and add her to the Explorer booking so I could use all of the FCC for the deposit.  She was a no show and I did get the double points and her taxes and port fees back to my card when I got home.  I will say I knew about the change in the points and did not expect to get double points.  

Pat

yeah I got double point on my Alaska cruise- although later I saw they applied it to a different cruise altogether. Maybe that's how some reps are doing it. 

I'm not extremely mad- I'm already diamond which was the important level to me- but the extra 16 points on my last cruise, 13 points on my next cruise and 7 points on the one after that... well they add up over time for me. And considering that the C&A ONLY EXISTS to make people want to stay with one cruise line, why wouldn't they try and keep people by doing something so very very minor.  The most I'll get from them is a free bag of laundry a cruise or two early and 150% solo supplement a couple cruises early.  Oh and an extra drink that I won't drink a day...

Plus, now I'm looking at Celebrity, since I can see how valued I am at RCL, and I'm kinda over it (especially since the explorer of the seas wasn't that great, compared to Oasis/Quantum class). I know it's all the same company but...

26 minutes ago, celoplyr said:

yeah I got double point on my Alaska cruise- although later I saw they applied it to a different cruise altogether. Maybe that's how some reps are doing it. 

I'm not extremely mad- I'm already diamond which was the important level to me- but the extra 16 points on my last cruise, 13 points on my next cruise and 7 points on the one after that... well they add up over time for me. And considering that the C&A ONLY EXISTS to make people want to stay with one cruise line, why wouldn't they try and keep people by doing something so very very minor.  The most I'll get from them is a free bag of laundry a cruise or two early and 150% solo supplement a couple cruises early.  Oh and an extra drink that I won't drink a day...

Plus, now I'm looking at Celebrity, since I can see how valued I am at RCL, and I'm kinda over it (especially since the explorer of the seas wasn't that great, compared to Oasis/Quantum class). I know it's all the same company but...

If you are still diamond, it's a push to that 340 solo discount. I added 4 legs on grandeur last may to get there early, though everyone says it's not worth booking extra to get there. I wasnt a fan of grandeur, I too am a fan of oasis class. I thought allure was really beautiful. Just did it a couple weeks ago, dec 4 and dec 11. Couldnt apply solo discount I got in sept. Had to pay final before pts posted. .. that's another thing I didnt know. Can only be applied further out to cruises before final payment that dp340. I pushed for it, but it sounds like you have more to go.