Posts in the middle of the night

This may be a crazy question ?

I notice a lot of the posts on here are made in the middle of the night......I'm definitely not a night owl - how do you stay awake?

I know some people work midnights, but what about those that are home?

So.....what's keeping everyone awake? :)

It's possible that those folks are in a different time zone than you are, so it might not necessarily be the middle of THEIR night. ;)

Very true....the boards are pretty quiet until America wakes up! Gives us Europeans a chance to catch up on reading the night before!

Ellie

xx

The clock shown on this site is in Greenwich Mean Time, not Eastern, Central or Pacific!

It is based on GMT, but then again all clocks are. Once you logon it adjusts for your location -- for instance, the site currently shows GMT -6 for me (which is US CST).

Some people seem to forget, or don't even realize the amount of people that work 2nd and 3rd shifts. I've worked "odd" hours for 17 years. When I'm online in the middle of the night, chances are I'm just unwinding after work. As the world turns------

I'm far too concerned about pressing world issues to be able to sleep. I just find it too difficult to relax knowing that somewhere in the world people are wearing jeans in the dining room after sneaking liquor on board and letting their kids run wild in the Solarium pool area.

I'm far too concerned about pressing world issues to be able to sleep. I just find it too difficult to relax knowing that somewhere in the world people are wearing jeans in the dining room after sneaking liquor on board and letting their kids run wild in the Solarium pool area.

You forgot babies pooping in the hot tub.....:eek:

I think we have firmly established in the past that the people on this board don't have a life so why go to bed early when there is nothing to look forward to the next day (unless you're leaving on a cruise)....:rolleyes:

Time zones, work schedules, insomnia, slightly drunk, massively hammered, bored, bathroom break, 3:00am smoke, no life to speak of whatsoever, cruising is a vocation (not a vacation) therefore must be available 24/7, desperate need to help others regarding cruising no matter what time it is, desperate need to jump on others no matter what time it is....this is a small sampling, I would think :D

They're also staying up all night so they can be the first to get a lounge chair and throw all their stuff on it so they can go to bed in their cabin and have the chairs waiting for them when they wake up. They are also busy glueing sequins on the flip flops to wear with the jeans in the idning room on formal night. Some people also stay up all night using their contraband irons. Seriously, though, I worked 12 years of night shift and my nights off were spent doing what everyone else does during the day-geting on this board and not gettiing anything done.

Some people seem to forget, or don't even realize the amount of people that work 2nd and 3rd shifts. I've worked "odd" hours for 17 years. When I'm online in the middle of the night, chances are I'm just unwinding after work. As the world turns------

This also applies to me. I get off work at 3:30 am. I read the boards until my DW gets up to start getting ready for work.

I read posts when I can't sleep at night. Too many times I will wake up about 3:00 AM. I have been told if you can't fall back to sleep in 20 minutes. I find it relaxing, unless someone gets flamed!:eek:

Same here - I wake up to go to the bathroom and can't get back to sleep! Cruise Critic is entertaining even in the middle of the night and I usually will get tired quicker than just tossing and turning in the bed!

Denise

Archived