A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

8 hours ago, JSR said:

Not sure if this helps. We are on a SA GV , the overland options trickled in with most coming in October/November for a January 4 sailing. 

Thanks JSR, this is helpful as it appears the timing can vary.  Did you also receive an email communication from Silversea announcing the overland options or did you just happen to see them posted on my.silversea?  I assume the overland programs will also be listed somewhere on my.silversea with a description of the program and specific instructions to contact your travel professional in the same way their pre and post land programs are listed. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

Thanks JSR, this is helpful as it appears the timing can vary.  Did you also receive an email communication from Silversea announcing the overland options or did you just happen to see them posted on my.silversea?  I assume the overland programs will also be listed somewhere on my.silversea with a description of the program and specific instructions to contact your travel professional in the same way their pre and post land programs are listed. 

I am also on the South America Grand Voyage with JSR and yes, an email is sent when an overland tour is posted.  It will show up then on my.silversea for the day the tour is to begin.  You will have to book them with your travel agent. 
Pam

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, LTCOP said:

I am also on the South America Grand Voyage with JSR and yes, an email is sent when an overland tour is posted.  It will show up then on my.silversea for the day the tour is to begin.  You will have to book them with your travel agent. 
Pam

Thank you @LTCOP !  It's great when folks help with information distribution!  Much appreciated! 😁

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lincslady said:

It has suddenly got to be very near the time for your departure, Mysty, without me noticing.  Is the excitement mounting in Mysty Towers?   Are the lists all finished?

Lola

We are at 28 days and counting for Bridgetown sail away.  Mysty Towers is still standing! 😅  Lists are gradually being shortened.   We will need to revisit the Foreign Currency place as the NZD had not yet arrived when we picked up the USD and the AUS..   This week the OTC meds will be purchased.   The pharmacy has a 20% off day for seniors on Thursday.   Excitement is building and, so far, anxiety level has not gone to red! 😁

• Like 1

We had a talk to Bruno the CD on the Muse. he is in regular touch with Miss Vicki. Unfortunately this news came through on the last day of the voyage so we didn't get his answer. He said that he would be in touch with her.

He did say that about 10 days before when he last talked she was very tired with little energy. He felt that she might be having some time out and doubts she would actually leave.

He did say though a replacement on the world cruise is likely to be Moss.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, drron29 said:

We had a talk to Bruno the CD on the Muse. he is in regular touch with Miss Vicki. Unfortunately this news came through on the last day of the voyage so we didn't get his answer. He said that he would be in touch with her.

He did say that about 10 days before when he last talked she was very tired with little energy. He felt that she might be having some time out and doubts she would actually leave.

He did say though a replacement on the world cruise is likely to be Moss.

Thank you @drron29 !  I'm hoping that there will be an announcement soon.  It's probably a scramble to get ducks in a row at this point.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, profpeabody said:

Hi All -

A quick question - is the dress code for the SF gala dinner formal?  It will affect what we pack to forward on to the ship. 

They are typically not formal as many folks have their formal wear in their ship ahead luggage.   It's most likely to be informal-ish.  Men in jackets,  some with ties.   Women in dressy pants and tops or cocktail dresses.  

28 minutes ago, profpeabody said:

Hi All -

A quick question - is the dress code for the SF gala dinner formal?  It will affect what we pack to forward on to the ship. 

If memory serves,  in the past we have received information about the pre-cruise gala and the dress code closer to the sail date.   I'm not sure if they are still doing this.   However,  neither the 2016 nor the 2019 had a formal dress code.  

1 hour ago, profpeabody said:

Hi All -

2016 was Smart Casual....

DSC00104blog.jpg.dade0ef48b13825d8af3b26f1c1d0bd4.jpg

2019 was Informal.....

DSC05213.JPG.984365cf5e4b5560ef88927dd77b3d96.JPG

We are sitting at 22 days and counting to sail away from Bridgetown.  My sleep patterns have been impacted by the escalating excitement.  Some days it feels like I am running on fumes. 😅

More items crossed off the to-do list.  Myster is bringing (or I should say I am packing 😁) two suits...one black and one gray.  We dropped those off to the dry cleaner this week.  All foreign currency is now in our hot little hands.  We are retrieving the luggage from the storage locker today in preparation for the packing of the ship ahead luggage this week.  FedEx paper work should be delivered tomorrow or Tuesday.  I plan to call FedEx at the end of this week to confirm the scheduled luggage pickup on December 4th.

So far, all systems are go!  😁

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, lincslady said:

It's beginning to look a lot like ..............   world cruising!    Wow.

Indeed!  Packing from this apartment will be a challenge.  For the other two big adventures we had access to 3 queen beds for laying out the luggage.  Now, in the apartment, we have 1 queen bed and clothes spread across 4 closets in two different rooms at different ends of the layout.  I'll definitely be getting my exercise this week!  😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 2