A Silver Shadow Over The World - December 2023 to May 2024

mysty

Today we were in Prince Rupert, British Columbia.  Myster went on an excursion called Butze Rainforest Walk.

IMG_3608.thumb.jpeg.c46b36b4524a31a09c7df890ce513667.jpeg

IMG_3612.thumb.jpeg.220a12c2dab92522afb02adeb9873c4c.jpeg

IMG_3614.thumb.jpeg.c595274c22b8234a41eda02d2b077196.jpeg

IMG_3617.thumb.jpeg.c9db0def21eab8c3346051e421ddcd49.jpeg

IMG_3618.thumb.jpeg.288bd00b532f8618758a7297116cbe53.jpeg

IMG_3620.thumb.jpeg.b00dcccafa03e44ab9a0edeb8beeaff9.jpeg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Unfortunately the later tour didn’t get the rapids, but it was a good hike.

Sorry you missed it! 😒

13 hours ago, mysty said:

Yesterday we did an excursion out of Ketchikan, Alaska called the Alaska Lodge Adventure and Seafest.  We really enjoyed it.

IMG_3575.thumb.jpeg.768b1a961157a35aae65ca65f7d7975c.jpeg

IMG_3584.thumb.jpeg.6b0a25014b5bdac78649d927d9a2fa81.jpeg

IMG_3585.thumb.jpeg.8bdf2321cf9a7c8566eaf3d52a0b4508.jpeg

IMG_3586.thumb.jpeg.f3f1a358c404dddcddf5d23fcc2c4f94.jpeg

IMG_3592.thumb.jpeg.536c880a2d2fa7ddf1860b5e66de187c.jpeg

IMG_3594.thumb.jpeg.a7cd7c04c16ac362890d62b4ff8b2932.jpeg

IMG_3599.thumb.jpeg.3c6797b7ccfd503f3ba6dd9d5e8dc915.jpeg

IMG_3600.thumb.jpeg.5233995d7e645c05ca8ad4aff85f531c.jpeg

I did that one last year. Loved it!  The rain forest walk was very pretty.  I am usually not one to get my fingers messy, but I dug into this food with gusto!

• Like 2

That looks like a lovely excursion Mysty - and the meal looks very moreish too!

Sadly, not long to go now.  Enjoy your last day/days (I can't remember how many), and then safe journey home.

Lola

• Like 1

Today we are sailing the Inside Passage and going through Seymour Narrows.  This afternoon we are doing our last wine tasting on this voyage.

DSC01774.JPG.cfb0555cb916b3e82b0724800d5280ee.JPG

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, mysty said:

The wine everyone liked best was Gaja Barbaresco 2015.  They were all amazing!

I’d have an Icewine tasting might have been in order! Enjoy your last couple of days M. The bunting is ready.

• Like 2

This is our last full day on the ship.  We're spending it packing.  Tonight is the Farewell Gala dinner.  Tomorrow we leave the lovely Lady Shadow at 9:45 am.  Our flight leaves at 1:10 pm.

Thank you all for following along!

• Like 7

Hi Mysty (and Myster). It was lovely following along and I hope the trip ended up being all you had hoped for and more🙂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mysty said:

This is our last full day on the ship.  We're spending it packing.  Tonight is the Farewell Gala dinner.  Tomorrow we leave the lovely Lady Shadow at 9:45 am.  Our flight leaves at 1:10 pm.

Thank you all for following along!

I refuse to "Like" your post so instead I will settle for (1) thanking you for the ongoing trip report and (2) wishing you and myster a stress-free and wonderful journey home. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

It's the end of an era! 

What will we all do without those magical reports from Mysty? 

Even the UK Prime Minister is so disappointed he's called a general election. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Thank you all!  It's definitely been a trip!  😁  And it's good to be almost home!  I really appreciate your kind good wishes! 🥰

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Thank you all!  It's definitely been a trip!  😁  And it's good to be almost home!  I really appreciate your kind good wishes! 🥰

Have you booked your next one yet onboard? Save travels home both xxx

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Have you booked your next one yet onboard? Save travels home both xxx

Thank you @Daveywavey70 !  We did book onboard.

https://www.silversea.com/destinations/cruises-arctic-greenland/reykjavik-to-churchill-manitoba-ev250709016.html

We reached 500 Venetian Society days and applied the free 14 day cruise to the cruise link above.  Reykjavik to Churchill, Manitoba.   This will be our first expedition cruise. 😁

• Like 2

That cruise is fantastic @mysty. We did a very similiar cruise on the Explorer in 2013 but I did a very late report on it here on CC.

It is one I really remember well. One of the highlights was in Churchill when we did a zodiac cruise with the Beluga whales. Thoroughly recommend it though we did have by far the best zodiac driver and guide as we were on the zodiac Aiello so those that cruised on the Explorer before 2023 will know who that person was.

And thanks for allow us all to follow along through the planning stages to the end of the cruise. And a very big thank you for allowing a couple of Aussies to have lunch with you in Bali. We loved t.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

Looks like a lovely trip, Mysty.  And the short flights are a real bonus.

8 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

That looks absolutely fabulous M. That will certainly soften the blow! 

4 minutes ago, drron29 said:

That cruise is fantastic @mysty. We did a very similiar cruise on the Explorer in 2013 but I did a very late report on it here on CC.

It is one I really remember well. One of the highlights was in Churchill when we did a zodiac cruise with the Beluga whales. Thoroughly recommend it though we did have by far the best zodiac driver and guide as we were on the zodiac Aiello so those that cruised on the Explorer before 2023 will know who that person was.

And thanks for allow us all to follow along through the planning stages to the end of the cruise. And a very big thank you for allowing a couple of Aussies to have lunch with you in Bali. We loved t.

Thank you all!!!  And @drron29 we loved having the opportunity to meet you both!  Our absolute pleasure!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mysty said:

Thank you all!!!  And @drron29 we loved having the opportunity to meet you both!  Our absolute pleasure!

A Pleasure much enjoyed by myself also. Even more so now knowing that Rojaan is Welsh. Cymru am Byth! 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mysty said:

Thank you @Daveywavey70 !  We did book onboard.

https://www.silversea.com/destinations/cruises-arctic-greenland/reykjavik-to-churchill-manitoba-ev250709016.html

We reached 500 Venetian Society days and applied the free 14 day cruise to the cruise link above.  Reykjavik to Churchill, Manitoba.   This will be our first expedition cruise. 😁

Good luck with your next cruise.  It looks fascinating.  I would be interested in knowing how much wildlife you see on the trip.  

• Like 1