Your thought on which is the most scenic river with the most quaint town.

mozfoz

We have sailed with Uniworld on the Castles on the Rhine and Danube Holiday Markets.  We enjoyed both cruises, though both for different reasons. However, neither cruise wowed us with the river scenery or towns, though the Rhine Gorge was delightful. Looking forward to another cruise, and would like to know what are your experiences  and recommendation for a future cruise based on scenery and towns. Museums, vineyards, cathedrals or major attractions are not a priority.,  just pure river beauty and quaintness of towns is what we are looking towards. We will appreciate all opinions and suggestions from your points of view.

I enjoyed the Mosel River from Trier to Koblez, visiting Cochem, Zell, Bernkastel, and Beilstein which are wonderful places. We did a river cruise on the Mosel 17 years ago and enjoyed it so much in September 2021 we did a 7 day bicycle trip from Trier to Koblenz and when we finished we traveled on the Rhine on the paddlewheel ship Goethe to Rudesheim 

Funnily enough, I was going to say the Moselle with Beilstein village and Burg Eltz visit immediately as well. However, from what others have said, I think the Douro could be good, especially as you are sailing only in daytime. I found the Saar and Saarburg surprisingly attractive, but it is not easy internationally to find a river cruise that is only on the Saar and Moselle.

Ever thought of doing a bike & barge tour? They are much on canals but often visit the smaller towns. CroisiEurope has some great ones that are not focussed on bike tours, but are on luxury barges. You can of course get barge cruises on the rivers, too.

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid
clarification

4 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Sorry Wings55. Strasbourg is not on the Moselle.

Indeed. I am sure they mean Luxembourg. Which is a capital of a country but surprisingly cosy for that and in a spectacular setting on the Alzette and Petruss rivers. The Moselle marks part of the Southern border of Luxembourg the Grand Duchy.

notamermaid