Upgrade Offer - Offer Strength Matters?

mwolever

1 hour ago, mwolever said:

Hello,

Curious about people's success with paying attention to "offer strength"? To me, it should tell me my offer vs others but I'm not sure if that is true. Any thoughts?

The limited experience I've had with this suggests minimum bids work. However, this was shortly after the restart so it may be different today.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

The limited experience I've had with this suggests minimum bids work. However, this was shortly after the restart so it may be different today.

Mine worked just fine recently. YC-1 to YCP. Since there a so few YCP’s I didn’t hold out much hope. Minimum bid of $75 pp worked.  Only a 4-day.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:
  1. Link upgrade page, or does it have to be emailed...sailing 1/22 and have seen nothing.  

Needs to be emailed to you. A third party handles it.

You need to go into your profile and make sure you allow MSC to contact you with offers in order to get the emails...

1 minute ago, alyssamma said:

You need to go into your profile and make sure you allow MSC to contact you with offers in order to get the emails...

Gotcha..

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

Thank you, I had third party contacts turned off. 

We are booked on the MSC Meraviglia for the July 9th 2023 cruise out of New York.   I have tried to find where to indicate that I want to receive promotions and possible upgrade offers. Would I receive an upgrade offer now for a cruise that is in July or does MSC wait until closer to the sail date to send out upgrade offers.  We have an interior Yayht club room and I am hoping to get a chance to bid on the numerous balcony and suite Yayht club rooms that are still available on our cruise.   My wife and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary on this cruise.  

19 hours ago, umpisoccer said:

We are booked on the MSC Meraviglia for the July 9th 2023 cruise out of New York.   I have tried to find where to indicate that I want to receive promotions and possible upgrade offers. Would I receive an upgrade offer now for a cruise that is in July or does MSC wait until closer to the sail date to send out upgrade offers.  We have an interior Yayht club room and I am hoping to get a chance to bid on the numerous balcony and suite Yayht club rooms that are still available on our cruise.   My wife and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary on this cruise.  

they will wait to see if they naturally sell out on their own.  You should find out in or around May time frame.

Now my 1st MSC cruise is next month, but I had done upgrade bids on Celebrity, NCL & Princess and it seems to work similarly. (all since July)

My experience (YMMV):

I ALWAYS bid min or a just a bit over.

I have had 100% success winning min bids from interior or solo cabins to balconies. 

(remember there are more balconies on a ships than any other category).

I have had 0% success with bids to suites. (fewest in a category: I also suspect many are willing to bid much more than me)

Our new strategy is to book interior or OV & bid on a balcony. If we don't get it we are fine & if we do, we are happy to pay a bit more for a balcony. We typically don't use it enough to justify spending a lot more.

• Like 1