More protein changes in SPD

laudergayle

I know there is a thread out there with random posts about SDP protein changes.  A couple I can remember is NY strip vs. Tenderloin at Teppanyaki, surcharge for Filet at LeBistro, change in breakfast steak & eggs.  Well I just noticed that Moderno lamb chop is now lamb sirloin.  Now, I have never had lamb sirloin…but I suspect it’s not as good as the chops.  Se la vie.

9 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

Chop is just a style of cut.  Different muscles can be cut into chop including sirloin. You would need to know what muscle they were serving before to determine if it’s better or worse.  

I've never butchered a lamb (I have butchered beef), but, I thought a "lamb chop" was rib where as sirloin is cut from much further back.  

I suppose you could call any cut of meat a "chop" but I think the widely accepted/expected cut would be from the rib.

Edited by PATRLR
  • Like 1

Back in Sept 2022, we use one of the Joy's dining voucher in Teppanyaki, and the beef of choice on the menu and served to us was filet mignon. 

DW asked, honey - how about beef stew for dinner ... 😄  😄  😄 

PXL_20220920_2326C.jpg

Collage_2022-09-20_22_00_19.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1