Shuttles from Heathrow

Goldeye

My wife and I now have our cruise on the Queen Victoria booked for August and would like to get everything arranged so we don’t run into any foreseeable issues. This will be my first trip to England and will be a little overwhelming for us. We will probably take a shuttle (appears to the most stress free transportation) from Heathrow to Southampton and to London post cruise. Can anyone recommend a dependable shuttle service? And maybe a hotel near the cruise port? Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

6 hours ago, Goldeye said:

My wife and I now have our cruise on the Queen Victoria booked for August and would like to get everything arranged so we don’t run into any foreseeable issues. This will be my first trip to England and will be a little overwhelming for us. We will probably take a shuttle (appears to the most stress free transportation) from Heathrow to Southampton and to London post cruise. Can anyone recommend a dependable shuttle service? And maybe a hotel near the cruise port? Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

There are no shuttle services from Heathrow to Southampton.

Most travellers go for a private car service, many mentioned in CC

The lowest price point is National Express Coach Service https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/airports/heathrow/southampton-to-heathrow

Then take a Taxi from Southampton to chosen hotel at about £10/15

Agree with exlondoner regarding the choice of hotel, but there are other small boutique hotels

https://www.ennios.co.uk

https://www.thepighotel.com/in-the-wall/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=local&utm_campaign=GMB-pig-in-wall

And an good pub/hotel offering

https://www.whitestartavern.co.uk/?utm_source=googlemybusiness&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=yext&utm_content=P198&y_source=1_MTIyMzcyMTMtNzE1LWxvY2F0aW9uLndlYnNpdGU%3D

Happy cruise. 

I have taken National Express Coach from LHR to Southampton Coach station then a short taxi to my Southampton hotel - Premier Inn West Quay.   I have stayed 5x at this hotel.  On Cruise day a short taxi to the port.

Check out Heathrow airport site to find out where to pick up National Express Coach for your terminal.  Purchase timed tickets in advance.  Plan 90 minutes to 2 hours after arrival for your ticket time.

I have taken www.internationalfriends.co.uk from Southampton dock and being dropped off at the door of my London hotel (Premier Inn Waterloo).  They stop at Salisbury, Stonehenge and Windsor before going to London or LHR.  Purchase attractions tickets through them.  International Friends go on embarkment and disembarkment days from certain London Hotel, LHR hotels to/from Southampton.  Check under Shore Excursions and Transfers on their site.

If visiting London in August, Buckingham Palace staterooms may be open to the public.

www.nationalexpress.com

www.premierinn.com

www.internationalfriends.co.uk

www.heathrow.com

www.rct.uk. (For Buckingham Palace)

Edited by phabric

• 2 weeks later...

We used National Express this past October.  No problems once on the coach and a very friendly driver. 
Some advice:   I had purchased a changeable ticket online and had a printout with the info.  Problem was computer wrong and could not exchange at desk at LHR.  Wanted to go earlier.  After a few calls got it straightened out but took about 45 min.  I had purchased prior to my flight being changed to 3 hours earlier. 
Secondly - did not understand coach listing on board at LHR station. Would have missed the coach if my husband had not decided to go out and see if coach was there at scheduled time.  Found out that I probably could have gotten on that departure without calling as it was not full and another couple did so.  

Walked to Premier In West Quay from bus station. 

On 1/13/2023 at 3:58 PM, phabric said:

I found out with National Express Coach, they put the last stop on the Coach sign so you need to know the last stop to get on the correct coach.  I also asked the driver if this is the Coach to Southampton.

We live in a area without train service so had forgotten to check that out.  I had thought wrongly that the coach ended in Southampton.  As the route number was on my printout, DH saw that on coach when he inquired if this was the correct one.  Also,  the announcements in the waiting room at coach station were muffled.  DH said they were very clear in bathroom.

Would use this service again.

38 minutes ago, gfkcruiser said:

We live in a area without train service so had forgotten to check that out.  I had thought wrongly that the coach ended in Southampton.  As the route number was on my printout, DH saw that on coach when he inquired if this was the correct one.  Also,  the announcements in the waiting room at coach station were muffled.  DH said they were very clear in bathroom.

Would use this service again.

I had used National Express Coach at LHR terminal 5 & 2.

First time the main terminal, I sat on a bench and I keep looking up at the board to see Southampton name.  It was close to the time, could not see any Southampton so there was a person at information.  She said you have know the last stop.

The last time, not the main terminal.  You go out of the airport, there are signs with numbers for the National Express. No persons to help. The each bus goes to the first empty space.  When a bus would come and driver exited the bus, I would ask if it went to Southampton.

I have used it a few times when going to Southampton.