What is your favorite CARNIVAL excursion in Cozumel?

Eli_6

We are leaving for a 5-day cruise out of Galveston in less than a month on the Breeze.  I am not an overly big fan of just going to a beach or a pool as an excursion. And I also don't like excursions that involve sitting on a bus for 2+ hours...which is what is involved with some of the "more interesting" looking Carnival excursions in Cozumel. 

Our favorite in the past (and we have done it more than once) has been the "VIP Catamaran Sail and Snorkel", but we just did it a few months ago so I sort of hate to do it again. 

Any other suggestions? It will just be the husband and I.  This is also a psuedo-anniversary cruise...20 years since we started dating and 16 since we were married.  (Although, really, it was more just because it was a good deal and we needed an extra cruise to make it to platinum for our Europe cruise.)  I thought maybe the Tabasco's Chef Maestro looked interesting.  Anyone done that? Any other ones that stay on the island of Cozumel that people would recommend?

Edited by Eli_6

1 minute ago, Joebucks said:

Not sure if this helps, but my next trip to Cozumel, I really want to do that bar crawl.

It's absolutely AMAZING. Probably can't mention the company by name here but with a little research you'll find it.

And the process is super easy. Just a quick cab downtown to Senior Frogs where the 'Hop' 😉 (see what I did there?) begins.

16 minutes ago, jsglow said:

It's absolutely AMAZING. Probably can't mention the company by name here but with a little research you'll find it.

And the process is super easy. Just a quick cab downtown to Senior Frogs where the 'Hop' 😉 (see what I did there?) begins.

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying Cozumel Barhop here. As of 2021 the meeting location was Hooters. I know that Senor Frogs closed and they built a new one by Puerta Maya. I don't know if the downtown location ever re-opened but I got the impression it was not going to.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying Cozumel Barhop here. As of 2021 the meeting location was Hooters. I know that Senor Frogs closed and they built a new one by Puerta Maya. I don't know if the downtown location ever re-opened but I got the impression it was not going to.

Okay. Yes, DT Senior Frogs is open and yes, that's where 'cozumelbarhopdotcom' begins. (Done it twice since the re-start.)  Cozumel's can't miss excursion. We had an extra special tour last time!

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 2

I don't think you can have longer than a 30 minute bus ride on Cozumel. 

You may like the Submarine tour. That might be my favorite We left from right by the port. 

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/cozumel-atlantis-submarine/

These two are the barhop:

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/cozumel-bar-hop-tour/

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/cozumel-day-3/

The San Gervesio Mayan ruins are cool.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/san-gervasio-mayan-ruins/

For me as a solo it was better price wise to do the mayan ruins through this tour vs. a cab. That may be different for you.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/best-of-cozumel-culture-sights-bites/

And then this time I did the mayan ball game which was also cool. That won't post until next month but it's on the Celebration live I just did.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Okay. Yes, DT Senior Frogs is open and yes, that's where 'cozumelbarhopdotcom' begins. (Done it twice since the re-start.)  Cozumel's can't miss excursion.

Okay. In the spring of 2021 it was looking like this.

7BA6FBFA-F84E-4CB9-A8C2-A86B6DB9380B.thu

We did the Trikes in Cozumel and hubby loved it!!  The bikes are automatic and anyone can drive them.  The tour guides will take pictures of you along the tour and then post them on their Facebook site.  You also stop at a tequila factory for a demonstration, you get 7 shots to try during the taste testing process and then lunch of fajitas is served.  We bought a bottle of their Amaretto tequila and its not sold anywhere but in Cozumel.  Would do this again in a heartbeat!!

3.jpg

• Like 1

Tabasco's Chef Maestro was a lot of fun. In fact we are doing it again in two weeks. After cooking and eating you can stay and lounge in a small pool overlooking the dolphins pool and sea. The drinks keep coming around as long as you are there. We had the pool area all to our selves. Much more relaxing than going back to the crowded ship pool.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don't think you can have longer than a 30 minute bus ride on Cozumel. 

You may like the Submarine tour. That might be my favorite We left from right by the port. 

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/cozumel-atlantis-submarine/

These two are the barhop:

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/cozumel-bar-hop-tour/

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/cozumel-day-3/

The San Gervesio Mayan ruins are cool.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/san-gervasio-mayan-ruins/

For me as a solo it was better price wise to do the mayan ruins through this tour vs. a cab. That may be different for you.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/best-of-cozumel-culture-sights-bites/

And then this time I did the mayan ball game which was also cool. That won't post until next month but it's on the Celebration live I just did.

This is where the ball game stuff is.

Thanks for the rec!  Going to try that Bar Hop.  I remember seeing it before and being interested but my kids were with is at the time so not really appropriate.  However, since this is a couple's trip, we will give it a try!

• Like 3

Chiming in to say that the Tabasco's Chef Maestro excursion is wonderful. When I did it with my brother right around the re-start it was the highlight of our day in Cozumel. There were two couples there who return guests, one couple was on their 4th visit.

It is a ton of fun, there are lots of free flowing drinks, and the chef has his schtick down to a science. The food was good, and the group made margaritas at the end are fantastic, and very strong. No one really sticks around to hang out in the pool - but we did and never felt like a burden to the staff. We got more drinks and got to watch some of the dolphin experiences below. 

2 hours ago, mlshum said:

We LOVED the Amazing Cozumel Race!  We did it years ago when it was available through Carnival.  I think it’s still available though amazingcozumelrace.com or possibly Viator.

This is what came to mind instantly too! After reading the other suggestions and that it's a couple's trip and no children this time, I can see them saving it for a family activity. Though there were mostly couples when we did it. We've already booked to do it again with a big group...and you're right, nothing through Carnival so I booked it through TripAdvisor (viator). And with a special kickback for using a certain card to book something with TripAdvisor from Chase, it came out about 20% lower than what I previously booked through Carnival. Also, according to TripAdvisor reviews, Royal Caribbean still offers it as an excursion.

13 hours ago, mlshum said:

We LOVED the Amazing Cozumel Race!  We did it years ago when it was available through Carnival.  I think it’s still available though amazingcozumelrace.com or possibly Viator.

Would my 9 year old enjoy this? I just found it online but want to make sure she would enjoy it! We love to watch the show!

On 1/6/2023 at 10:39 AM, AHarbison said:

Would my 9 year old enjoy this? I just found it online but want to make sure she would enjoy it! We love to watch the show!

Probably?  I think it would depend on the child and how much they are able to participate.  If the kids would enjoy helping to figure out clues and running through town, I think they’d have a ball.  I know mine would have loved it!

On 1/6/2023 at 12:04 AM, MsOne said:

This is what came to mind instantly too! After reading the other suggestions and that it's a couple's trip and no children this time, I can see them saving it for a family activity. Though there were mostly couples when we did it. We've already booked to do it again with a big group...and you're right, nothing through Carnival so I booked it through TripAdvisor (viator). And with a special kickback for using a certain card to book something with TripAdvisor from Chase, it came out about 20% lower than what I previously booked through Carnival. Also, according to TripAdvisor reviews, Royal Caribbean still offers it as an excursion.

Yes, it was so much fun!  I think it was probably my favorite shore excursion ever.  I would do it again but there are always so many things I want to do in Cozumel I wind up doing different things.

• Like 1