Non diamond guest with diamond plus beverage package?

Depending on how many alcoholic drinks the both of you will cumulatively drink, it's possible that you might be better off having either just your cabin mate (or both of you) getting the non-alcoholic "Refreshment Package" (obviously depending on whether either of you have interest in non-alcoholic drinks), then sharing your vouchers for alcoholic drinks and making a deal to split the costs of any additional alcoholic drinks.

BTW, you just say "beverage package". I am assuming that you mean the Deluxe Beverage Package (DBP - ie. with alcohol). Since you are D+, I'm pretty sure you already know that the "every adult in the cabin" rule only applies to the DBP and not the normal "Refreshment Package".

If you call, roommate can get the deluxe drink package & you will have to get the refreshment package.  It can be done but you have to call so they can make a show of granting you an exception.

Edited by poocher

13 minutes ago, poocher said:

If you call, roommate can get the deluxe drink package & you will have to get the refreshment package.  It can be done but you have to call so they can make a show of granting you an exception.

I thought about that, but so far I've only heard about people doing that when one person doesn't drink alcohol at all, which I didn't think applied here. But worth a shot. would be good info for this board if it does work.

4 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Good to know info, but can I add one twist and not create a new thread?

If and adult and child are in a room, does the child need refreshment pkg if adult gets alcohol pkg?

Eddie

No. As a side note my son was sailing with his 12 yo daughter.  He purchased the DBP at the kiosk on Oasis. The person he bought the package from handed the coke tumbler to his daughter and pointed to the freestyle machine at Sorrento's. Some would say that is cheating, but the sales person could not care less. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Good to know info, but can I add one twist and not create a new thread?

If and adult and child are in a room, does the child need refreshment pkg if adult gets alcohol pkg?

Since the DBP policy only applies to guests of legal drinking age, I would say no.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/does-everyone-need-to-buy-the-deluxe-beverage-package

12 hours ago, RobInMN said:

I thought about that, but so far I've only heard about people doing that when one person doesn't drink alcohol at all, which I didn't think applied here. But worth a shot. would be good info for this board if it does work.

I did this 2 weeks ago.  Called & got the DBP for my son & nephew & said my daughter didn’t want it.  I didn’t say why & they didn’t ask.  Put me on hold to ask permission to make an exception & then had her get the refreshment package.