Club Continent Suite Noise?

Ajbike

The problem with not having an interior cabin across from you is that you can’t tell from the deck plan what is there. If it’s a crew access door it will be noisier than a cabin would be. 

Edited to add:  especially since on the R-ships no interior cabins have doors on the main hallway.  We specifically look for an interior cabin opposite our door, to insure quiet!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, laurieb said:

We were across from the crew access door last year.  It can be a bit noisy at times.  

Please flag that cabin in the Azamara Cabins Thread, so others can avoid it.  [Aren't you glad so few passengers read Cruise Critic, so we aren't shooting ourselves in the foot by listing the especially good and bad cabins??? 😉]

• Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 7:01 PM, Vineyard View said:

As I mentioned, it would obviously be given to a handicap requested. This wasn’t my idea. Our TA said that when there are no other options on on a deck, that this is often done with the agreement that it would be available if requested by handicap needs and we would be bumped. I felt a bit funny about it, but she said this was how it worked. I am truly NOT trying to do anything that isn’t appropriate. 

Do consider that when you are bumped you may not have the selection of other rooms you have now.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 9:34 AM, laurieb said:

That would make any location difficult then.  I’ve been woken up by heavy swells but fortunately not the changing of the speed.

On my first Quest, on deck 6 aft, but still a balcony, I found the engine noises a bit loud.  When they were consistent I could fall asleep but a change in speed often means a change in the engine noise!  Yes, I’m a light sleeper but at times I can tune out consistent sounds.  For example in Hawaii we were to visit the volcano flows at night but fairly late, 12-1?  I fell asleep early, but when the ship started turning and slowing I woke up.  We were just entering the area.  (That wasn’t Azamara, but the Celebrity Century).  I was sort of surprised I woke up, even knowing that in some hotels I can hear the ice machine 4-5 doors down, even when it’s just making more ice! 

23 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Please flag that cabin in the Azamara Cabins Thread, so others can avoid it.  [Aren't you glad so few passengers read Cruise Critic, so we aren't shooting ourselves in the foot by listing the especially good and bad cabins??? 😉]

To be honest, it wasn’t enough noise that I wouldn’t stay there again.  

• 2 months later...

Just returned from Canaries cruise in 8003, below the fitness centre. Only heard 1 bump in the entire cruise, so no fitness fanatics on that cruise! Perhaps wew were just lucky, would book CC but not worth, in my opinion, the sometimes £1000 ($1200) pp supplement. Nice size cabin & bathroom though.

• Like 1