Celebrity Price Gouging! - Drink package upgrade

DVDmedic

Ok, I just spoke with her. She said the Classic included non-premium water and soda...she rattled things off quickly, but I think she said coffees and teas. 

I know she said no smoothies or specialty waters.

I forgot to ask about the upgrade cost - but I know on my previous cruise I called ahead of time to upgrade and was just charged the difference minus my Captain's Club discount.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Ok, I just spoke with her. She said the Classic included non-premium water and soda...she rattled things off quickly, but I think she said coffees and teas. 

I forgot to ask about the upgrade cost - but I know on my previous cruise I called ahead of time to upgrade and was just charged the difference minus my Captain's Club discount.

What did she have to say about dinner in the buffet?

(@Dar & Bob - I'm on hold with Captain's Club - my "13 minute hold" is now at 20  minutes.I guess it's still better than ruining the first day.)

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

That the reduction is a cost-cutting measure after the pandemic as there was a lot of wasted food. She said that they do try very hard to accommodate guests with dietary needs and that I should speak with someone in the Ocean View Cafe - or when ordering room service - about safe options.

She did say that they had gotten quite a few emails and calls about it in general, so it is something they will be looking closely at.

3 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

That the reduction is a cost-cutting measure after the pandemic as there was a lot of wasted food. She said that they do try very hard to accommodate guests with dietary needs and that I should speak with someone in the Ocean View Cafe - or when ordering room service - about safe options.

She did say that they had gotten quite a few emails and calls about it in general, so it is something they will be looking closely at.

Make sure you speak with a manager , the poor waiters don't really know anything.

28 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks for the info ! 😁

They  have Kraken and 43 for my cappuccino in the morning on the classic. I’m good to go.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dar & Bob said:

I called and they changed my Xpress pass - I don't want to wait in line at Guest Services.  So call ahead of time and they will change it. 

So, I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with Captain's Club.

She checked my reservation and supposedly fixed it and sent me another email confirming the upgrade.

Just checked my boarding pass on the app.

Still says CALL.   🤣

11 hours ago, chamima said:

She checked my reservation and supposedly fixed it and sent me another email confirming the upgrade.

Still says CALL.   🤣

Give it a try tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mikeysed said:

So today's pricing... what is the cost difference in USD to go from classic to premium beverage package per day?

$20/pp/day + 20% gratuities (but some have reported 18% when ordering in advance)

minus any Captain's Club discount you might have

23 hours ago, chamima said:

Still says CALL.   🤣

I took about 3 days for our Xpress pass to get fixed on the app.  If you have the email I think it will be updated - when you board go to a bar and get something premium and ask the bartender.  If it isn't fixed you have to go to GS anyways.  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I emailed cec@celebrity.com about an upcoming cruise that I haven't upgraded from the Classic.  This is the response I received (which I am printing for friends who have Classic on this cruise and for my cruise later)

"It is my pleasure to notify you that with the All Included beverage package you will receive the Classic beverage package, which includes non-premium bottled water, premium coffees, juices, sodas and premium teas. "

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

I took about 3 days for our Xpress pass to get fixed on the app.  If you have the email I think it will be updated - when you board go to a bar and get something premium and ask the bartender.  If it isn't fixed you have to go to GS anyways.  

it still says CALL but I LOVE your idea!!!

Belvedere and grapefruit juice here I come!

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chamima said:

it still says CALL but I LOVE your idea!!!

After a Princess cruise last year where we ended up literally spending hours in the GS line I have learned to get creative to stay out of that line!!!  

• Like 1

The Classic in stateroom bar set-up just went up from $100 to $150   The Premium is now $230 I don't recall what it was before today... I was considering the classic, but there wasn't much of a pre-cruise discount, so I decided to what until I'm on board to see if i should spend the money.  I will not be now.

On 1/10/2023 at 7:36 AM, CaroleSS said:

$20/pp/day + 20% gratuities (but some have reported 18% when ordering in advance)

minus any Captain's Club discount you might have

Look at the FAQ on Celebrities website.  It lists that it is $15.00 a day to go classic to premium but it you call prior to sailing it is $13.00 a day.  They will also check to see your captains club status and add the discount.  It is a MUCH better deal.

Oh gosh I just put in wrong info and I can’t delete this text!!!

Edited by Linda W.
Wrong subject!

3 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

Look at the FAQ on Celebrities website.  It lists that it is $15.00 a day to go from classic to premium but it you call prior to sailing it is $13.00 a day.  They will also check to see your captains club status and add the discount.  It is a MUCH better deal.  I quoted the FAQ to the celebrity person I talked to on the telephone yesterday and read the statement to him and he was more than happy to give me the offer.  Worth the upgrade to me.

WHOOPS!!!  Not the correct info!!!  That was from basic to upgraded WIFI!!!  So sorry!!!!!!!

Edited by Linda W.

13 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

Look at the FAQ on Celebrities website.  It lists that it is $15.00 a day to go classic to premium but it you call prior to sailing it is $13.00 a day.  They will also check to see your captains club status and add the discount.  It is a MUCH better deal.

Oh gosh I just put in wrong info and I can’t delete this text!!!

Within 15 minutes of original post you can click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner.

Click on EDIT and then delete your words and just write OOPS instead.

• Like 1

Just upgraded my drink package last night (for Beyond 7 day sailing March 19)  from classic to premium  (1/13) with 5% CC discount here’s the exact cost. 

$132.93 package ($20/day - 5% x 7 days)

$26.53 - 20% gratuity 

= $159.46. 

Screenshot attached. 

Hard to believe on the Apex last year I did the same thing for $84. 

FD89D124-BAA0-4FFE-8CCA-AB1AF3BFB2F2.png