Live: 10 Nights Ultimate Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Celebrity Edge January 13-23

bnurick

On 1/24/2023 at 6:52 PM, OrcaGirl said:

Thank you so much for reporting from the ship. We're on the Feb 3 sailing of Edge with this itinerary, and it's been soooo exciting to see the pictures and hear about your experience. We even booked the Eden dinner for the final night based on your pics.

Apologies if I missed it, but if you still have the dailies from the final sea day, can you post them? Thanks!

Here is the daily for the last sea day.  Thanks. 

AA1ACEB9-45A6-44FA-BEB1-F943F8453122.jpeg

F559D1D8-83D6-4200-B134-538D5D8F761B.jpeg

744231EC-F68D-41A4-A9D1-AA112A2BFD6F.jpeg

3F9001DB-BC25-4547-9D63-3BA119E29FD8.jpeg

• Like 1

FINAL POST:

We have booked the same itinerary for 2024 and with this trip we think we have mapped out the port day itineraries after much trial and error.

St. Maarten: Need to research the best way to get to Yellow Beach restaurant on Pinel Island. Make a reservation for lunch (lobster) and two chairs and umbrella on their beach.

St. Lucia: Would do the Chef Market Discoveries again for the dinner. Going to research the best way to hike the Pitons with a guide.

Barbados: Taxi to Lobster Alive restaurant (make a reservation) for lunch and beach.  This is the worst port for staging excursions.  It’s loosely organized chaos.

Antigua: Catamaran with Lobster Lunch excursion again.

St. Kitts and Nevis: Water taxi to the Four Seasons for drinks and lunch at their beach bar. Going to research about a potential day pass option.

Overall, doing more simple excursions on our own is a path I think we are headed for this itinerary.  Thank you to everyone for following along, I hope you got something out of our adventures.  Remember, plan well my friends and stay away from dulcolax. 🤪

Cheers!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for taking the time to share your cruise and pictures!!
We are doing this cruise in an aft balcony  in March first time on the Edge  ! We usually cruise in a sky suites but we both retired early and decided we still want to cruise but just going to figure out a more economical way! We are doing this itinerary in March and after reading your review we booked two dinners in Eden the pictures spoke for themselves!!

And the lobster catamaran lunch was booked The first time I looked and was going to book it on our own. I just looked a little while ago and it was available so we have booked that also after your recommendation! 
We will probably do the other ports on our own ! 
Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sdnich said:

We are doing this cruise in an aft balcony  in March first time on the Edge  ! We usually cruise in a sky suites but we both retired early and decided we still want to cruise but just going to figure out a more economical way! We are doing this itinerary in March and after reading your review we booked two dinners in Eden the pictures spoke for themselves!!

And the lobster catamaran lunch was booked The first time I looked and was going to book it on our own. I just looked a little while ago and it was available so we have booked that also after your recommendation! 
Thanks again!

You will have a great time. I think sometimes there is a misconception you need to be in suite class to have an amazing experience, not true. If you plan everything out you really don’t need The Retreat. I never put a toe in the pool or spent more than an hour on the retreat deck. I destroyed the pizza at the buffet. Enjoy your cruise and retirement.  Ask Ponji in Eden for wine/drink recommendations, they don’t put everything on the app! 🤫 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bnurick said:

You will have a great time. I think sometimes there is a misconception you need to be in suite class to have an amazing experience, not true. If you plan everything out you really don’t need The Retreat. I never put a toe in the pool or spent more than an hour on the retreat deck. I destroyed the pizza at the buffet. Enjoy your cruise and retirement.  Ask Ponji in Eden for wine/drink recommendations, they don’t put everything on the app! 🤫 

We'll be on EDGE Feb 24. Thanks for taking us along and for all the pics/tips. Do you know if the Lobster lunch Catamaran cruise offers something for a non-seafood eater? 

That golden eye Pinot caught my eye the last night in Eden! Did you bring that or was that on the menu and if so how much did it cost! We are cruising without a beverage package for the first time also !! We do not mind spending some money for a good bottle of wine!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We'll be on EDGE Feb 24. Thanks for taking us along and for all the pics/tips. Do you know if the Lobster lunch Catamaran cruise offers something for a non-seafood eater? 

My initial reaction is no, however, the crew grilled themselves something after we ate. So I would book it and discuss with Shore Excursions a substitution. Cheers!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sdnich said:

That golden eye Pinot caught my eye the last night in Eden! Did you bring that or was that on the menu and if so how much did it cost! We are cruising without a beverage package for the first time also !! We do not mind spending some money for a good bottle of wine!

I am of the opinion you save money bringing 4 bottles and no package, just an option. The Goldeneye was $139 if my memory is correct. I had a package and got 20% off.  They had 3 bottles and on night one I bought all 3 as it’s the best pinot noir on the ship IMO. I really recommend bringing your own 4 bottles onboard, something jammy.  Cheers!

2 hours ago, bnurick said:
FINAL POST:

We have booked the same itinerary for 2024 and with this trip we think we have mapped out the port day itineraries after much trial and error.

St. Maarten: Need to research the best way to get to Yellow Beach restaurant on Pinel Island. Make a reservation for lunch (lobster) and two chairs and umbrella on their beach.

St. Lucia: Would do the Chef Market Discoveries again for the dinner. Going to research the best way to hike the Pitons with a guide.

Barbados: Taxi to Lobster Alive restaurant (make a reservation) for lunch and beach.  This is the worst port for staging excursions.  It’s loosely organized chaos.

Antigua: Catamaran with Lobster Lunch excursion again.

St. Kitts and Nevis: Water taxi to the Four Seasons for drinks and lunch at their beach bar. Going to research about a potential day pass option.

Overall, doing more simple excursions on our own is a path I think we are headed for this itinerary.  Thank you to everyone for following along, I hope you got something out of our adventures.  Remember, plan well my friends and stay away from dulcolax. 🤪

Cheers!

St. Maarten - You can take a taxi to the Pinel Ferry and ferry across to the island.  We did it for the snorkeling (which was so-so).  https://www.st-martin.org/us/learn-more/must-sees/saint-martins-pinel-island/

Barbados - Just go with the flow and grab a taxi.  You can also walk to the beach if you are so inclined (then taxi back).  No hassle that way.  The restaurant will call the taxi for you. OR Their are many catamarans that do daytrips with about a dozen passengers.  I'm not sure if any do lobster.  We've been on a couple different boats.  All good.

Antigua - We've used Creole Antigua in the past for a Snorkeling/Lobster lunch catamaran.  Loved the "starfish garden."  Huge starfish you can pickup.  Some the length of my foot.  https://www.creoleantiguatours.com/

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bnurick said:

I am of the opinion you save money bringing 4 bottles and no package, just an option. The Goldeneye was $139 if my memory is correct. I had a package and got 20% off.  They had 3 bottles and on night one I bought all 3 as it’s the best pinot noir on the ship IMO. I really recommend bringing your own 4 bottles onboard, something jammy.  Cheers!

Oh we are definitely bringing four bottles of wine! We are members of a winery in Sonoma called Landmark  that is Pinot and Chardonnay‘s only! We will bring a couple of those and some nice champagne. but we also figure will probably buy a bottle of wine or two especially for the 2 Eden dinners that we have. we just became elite plus after the last cruise so we get a lot some good perks with that and I believe 20% off of bottles of wine also. we will look for the Goldeneye (we have had it in the past but it has been a while) if you left any behind  ;)))

I just reread your post and realize that you bought the last three!!

Edited by sdnich

• 2 months later...
On 1/22/2023 at 10:17 AM, cw2go said:

I've never sailed with Celebrity in a suite class stateroom, I am sure you'll have a great cruise! I always enjoy the vibe and the service is wonderful. 

Patty 

I remembered this post on cost.  I am currently on the Silhouette without a drink package and in concierge class using a $200 MoveUp offer.  Having a wonderful time if you are interested in some potential ideas.  Cheers!

On 1/28/2023 at 4:21 PM, sdnich said:

Thanks again!

I remembered this post on cost.  I am currently on the Silhouette without a drink package and in concierge class using a $200 MoveUp offer.  Having a wonderful time if you are interested in some potential ideas.  Cheers!

On 1/21/2023 at 9:45 PM, handbellplayer said:

Very nice review. I'm wondering if those of us who have standard rooms, the classic drink package, and plan to eat in the main dining rooms will enjoy our cruise. Every review I read is like this one. Are we the only ones that aren't planning the "elite" experience? We actually spent a sizable sum on this cruise and I don't want to feel like we've wasted our money.