“the Big One”! World Cruise on Sojourn

shark b8

To echo SharkB8, the overall cruise has met our expectations. On a voyage this long, which is our first, we actually get exposed to issues of provisioning, crew changeover, and unforeseen "stuff". The crew has been fabulous, and we've not really noticed any major changes from pre-COVID days.

Goaliemom and I are very much roll with the punches, and tend to overlook daily nits. And Seabourn seems to be getting the big stuff right.

We did decide that we'd like some really nice Australian wine, so we now have 36 bottles stored downstairs .... looking forward to one of those bottles of Shiraz tonight!

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, shark b8 said:

Really?  They do this?  Had no idea.   Hmmmmmmmm……

When I asked Tomas how much I could bring, he replied "I just need to know if you need a forklift so I can schedule it ...." 🙂

Edited by goaliedad30
  • Haha 5

Albany was one of those pleasant surprises…a really amazing place you didn’t necessarily anticipate, going in. (At least I didn’t)  Torndirrup National Park is gorgeous.

40E9EA0F-8E2F-4596-82E5-8CAE3F0F7CAD.thumb.jpeg.711315d9282bc45a28cead87746feb86.jpeg

C5D05974-C815-4DE3-8F9A-281646C457D2.thumb.jpeg.f65c142915cd3d240e9bf2e0211085c1.jpeg

Edited by shark b8
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, shark b8 said:

Albany was one of those pleasant surprises…a really amazing place you didn’t necessarily anticipate, going in. (At least I didn’t)  Torndirrup National Park is gorgeous.

Thanks @shark b8 it is one of our hidden gems in Western Australia. Like many things in our large State it suffers from the problem of being far away from anywhere else. 

• Like 2

Last night was Keller grill, with an entree I don't remember seeing before - bone-in rib eye, for 2.  Now, the Snake River “true” rib eye (as he calls it) is my go-to TKG order, but we did this new presentation.  It was drop-dead gorgeous, although I have to say, pound-for-pound (almost literally) I think the smaller, regularly-available version is the better of the two. 

ED666626-ACBF-48C5-ADE0-D1DE95B346CE.thumb.jpeg.4fb88835cab667ef323ca15f0b1a4aae.jpeg

A1A9CD75-12AD-4746-8FF0-EF914C16906A.thumb.jpeg.a295a30c80607ebebce4061fa15838bb.jpeg

CB474624-3C62-4086-A96E-AAEEF8327174.thumb.jpeg.0c5e51e91a70109bfa8801dc28fa9aec.jpeg

• Like 8

I remember a couple of years ago being in TK, when they had that special. Wife wanted seafood. I asked if I could have that steak for one, (meaning a smaller steak). Waiter says of course, and brings me out the steak for two. Talk about steak overload. I felt like the late actor John Candy where he eats a 96 ounce steak in one of his movies. Lol

Enjoying your reports shark. Keep them coming 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

EA000C6C-A06C-428D-BA75-844050F5537B.thumb.jpeg.1010dcfaae2fbe4532ef95246e07ab5c.jpegBunbury.  A nice drive down the coast, and a guide explained & demonstrated aboriginal tools, including a short, impromptu didgeridoo performance.  

DADF54B2-3DAA-41D5-9556-62327D78D8B2.thumb.jpeg.4c596cb831a1f0025b74eb5542731cbc.jpeg

440CA76D-7045-42CB-B20B-46C2DB72C39B.thumb.jpeg.ad2af0ce979e3b79ae52b08c75449ada.jpeg

Edited by shark b8
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, shark b8 said:

(Still don’t quite understand where the IN-haling might be in all this)

"Circular breathing is a technique used by players of some wind instruments to produce a continuous tone without interruption. It is accomplished by breathing in through the nose while simultaneously pushing air out through the mouth using air stored in the cheeks." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_breathing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have just had your stay in 'Freo'.  We loved it; fish and chips for lunch one day, and the other the train to Perth and sailing back down the river.  (Much cheaper than the excursion)  The only problem being the temperature  - very very high.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

…fish and chips for lunch….and sailing back down the river….  The only problem being the temperature  - very very high.

Hmmm, we had fish & chips for lunch and sailed back down the Swan to Fremantle.  (“great minds”?).   Temp was warmer than the last few days but nothing serious.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pyffii said:

..pity you didn’t get the chance to watch a REAL football match 😝😝

Heehee…I’ve watched a few real ones, you know.   🏈  

Takes me back to taking my good British buddy to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field - everyone, for several rows around us, was laughing and having a grand time listening in, as he asked curious questions and I tried to explain.  Would be great fun to go to an Aussie football game or cricket match, and become precisely the one everyone else is giggling at.  

• Like 1