LIVE Tag Along with SteelCityCruiser 1/7/23

49 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I considered attempting to keep score on the drink package like you did in one if your reviews …too much math though

I'm a bit of a spread sheet nerd.  That makes it easier if you are adept with excel. 

If you don't mind me asking, what was your pppd cost of the DBP?

Edited by Tree_skier

15 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm a bit of a spread sheet nerd.  That makes it easier if you are adept with excel. 

If you don't mind me asking, what was your pppd cost of the DBP?

I’m on speaking terms with excel but we aren’t friends haha

pkg was  in the neighborhood of $72/day.  black friday purchase

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I’m on speaking terms with excel but we aren’t friends haha

pkg was  in the neighborhood of $72/day.  black friday purchase

$72 a day will take some effort but I have full confidence in you! 

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Old Fashioned- crown & kettle pub

B2628AC1-5898-49E9-BD8D-0952907AA93F.jpeg

Great start 🙂 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

We are departing from Miami and currently residing at the fantastic Hampton Inn Miami Brickell which we have stayed several times before.  Always have had a good experience here so we keep returning.

and cashed in our hotel free drink vouchers so all is well here!! 🍻 

Great minds are on the same wavelength.

DW and I have stayed at that Brickell Hampton several times and will be again visiting a little in Jan.  Love the Oriental restaurant near the street entrance, and the breakfast is always a good one.  Looking forward to sitting by that pool for a pre cruise drink soon.  

I need more more info on the drink voucher, been 2020 since I was there and wondering if that is for everyone.

Thanks for beating the Ravens last week, we hope to do the same tomorrow, to avoid a potential coin flip.  

Eddie

33 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Great minds are on the same wavelength.

DW and I have stayed at that Brickell Hampton several times and will be again visiting a little in Jan.  Love the Oriental restaurant near the street entrance, and the breakfast is always a good one.  Looking forward to sitting by that pool for a pre cruise drink soon.  

I need more more info on the drink voucher, been 2020 since I was there and wondering if that is for everyone.

Thanks for beating the Ravens last week, we hope to do the same tomorrow, to avoid a potential coin flip.  

Eddie

We have usually opted for the Batch Gastropub terrace seating but i have heard good things of the oriental restaurant nextdoor.

The drink vouchers may be a hilton honors perk (?)  not sure on that.  It’s a free draft beer or house wine for each guest at the hotel lobby bar.  I’m not a wine person and the 2 draft option were bud light or goose island IPA - went with 2 IPAs.  We’ve had that each time time presented to us at check in.  There are little cards they give you at the check in desk.

It was our pleasure to take down the Ravens 😂  You’re welcome 🍻 

Hopefully we can keep it up and take down the Browns as well 🤞🏻🍀  

coincidentally i was seated next to a couple from OH going on a carnival cruise in the shuttle to the port.  When they asked me where I was from and replied Pittsburgh.  They obviously had to respond .. i’m sorry to hear that.  Rivalry is real!!!! LOL  Actually very nice couple and we had a very good chat.  

Edited by SteelCityCruiser10
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

We have usually opted for the Batch Gastropub terrace seating but i have heard good things of the oriental restaurant nextdoor.

The drink vouchers may be a hilton honors perk (?)  not sure on that.  It’s a free draft beer or house wine for each guest at the hotel lobby bar.  I’m not a wine person and the 2 draft option were bud light or goose island IPA - went with 2 IPAs.  We’ve had that each time time presented to us at check in.  There are little cards they give you at the check in desk.

It was out please to take down the Ravens 😂  You’re welcome 🍻 

Hopefully we can keep it up and take down the Browns as well 🤞🏻🍀  

coincidentally i was seated next to a couple from OH going on a carnival cruise in the shuttle to the port.  When they asked me where I was from and replied Pittsburgh.  They obviously had to respond .. i’m sorry to hear that.  Rivalry is real!!!! LOL  Actually very nice couple and we had a very good chat.  

Well I’m HH also, so will find out about the vouchers soon. We have also done the gastro pub twice, loved it.

I have never had an issue with Steeler fans. Several years ago was leaving a Steeler/ Bengal game at the end of the third quarter, as Steelers were up by about 30.  The group of Steeler guys in front of us, who were funny with us all day, says as we are walking out, “Hey, what are leaving for, the Steelers may score again.”

Been a tough week for Bengals, 

Eddie

ps. Following you on Explorer Live Review.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Well I’m HH also, so will find out about the vouchers soon. We have also done the gastro pub twice, loved it.

I have never had an issue with Steeler fans. Several years ago was leaving a Steeler/ Bengal game at the end of the third quarter, as Steelers were up by about 30.  The group of Steeler guys in front of us, who were funny with us all day, says as we are walking out, “Hey, what are leaving for, the Steelers may score again.”

Been a tough week for Bengals, 

Eddie

ps. Following you on Explorer Live Review.

🙄 Die hards 

Thx for following.  I’ve acquired lots of useful info/tips along my way on this forum so it kinda my way of continuing the tradition and sharing the experience.

• Like 1

Side note - met and visited with several pinnacles who were some of the nicest most cordial fellow passengers we have ever encountered in the concierge lounge.  Very much enjoyed them and their stories/experiences and hope to see them again each night.  

I know it’s somewhat of a hot topic with pins being in suite/concierge lounge so i hesitate to even comment but just a side note.  Crowding was def not an issue.  We are just Diamond but hopefully “baby pins” lol  😂   one can dream right??

• Like 2

jumping on board! Sailed Explorer in the South Pacific out of Australia, great ship. Love the Diamond Lounge on board. One of the best. Enjoy your journey

by the way…………. Go E A G L E S! 🦅

Cheers! 

• Like 1