cappuccino on Quantum of the Seas

gaz1

Hello,

We are going for our first cruise for some time in a few weeks & first time on Quantum of the Seas.

We see on our cruise planner that you can buy a coffee card with 15 coffees for A$54 (about US$31) & have a few questions.

Is this the same price on board?

Is this the only way to get cappuccino's, etc onboard?  (or are there some free venues?)

Can the card be shared amongst two people?

Cheers,

Gary.

Perth, Australia.

3 hours ago, gaz1 said:

Hello,

We are going for our first cruise for some time in a few weeks & first time on Quantum of the Seas.

We see on our cruise planner that you can buy a coffee card with 15 coffees for A$54 (about US$31) & have a few questions.

Is this the only way to get cappuccino's, etc onboard?  (or are there some free venues?)

Cheers,

Gary.

Perth, Australia.

No free venues for espresso based coffees. We picked our coffees up at the 270° cafe.  We always have shared our card, no problem.  Double shots = double punches on the card, so one shot per punch. 

The last time we sailed, the card was the same price onboard.  However we last bought the card prior to Covid, so maybe someone else can answer that more recently.

4 hours ago, gaz1 said:

Hello,

Cheers,

Gary.

Perth, Australia.

If it's in the cruise planner it would show both prices if different on board.

9 hours ago, gaz1 said:

Yes, so don't buy it until you ask the barista on board how many punches for the drink you want - the main savings are if you only drink one punch drinks (very little, if any, savings otherwise).

Thanks for the great feedback.

I guess a standard size cappuccino (the most likely coffee we would have) would be a single shot & hence 1 punch ?

Is 270° cafe the best place (or maybe its the only place?)?

Cheers,

Gary.

11 minutes ago, gaz1 said:

Thanks for the great feedback.

I guess a standard size cappuccino (the most likely coffee we would have) would be a single shot & hence 1 punch ?

Cheers,

Gary.

Windjammer (buffet) will likely have them as well. You can also order them in the dining room.

2 hours ago, gaz1 said:

On Anthem (which should be very similar, if not identical, to Quantum - you can get barista made specialty coffees in Cafe 270, Windjammer and in La Patisserie (across the Esplanade from Cafe Promenade). No inherent difference between the three, just find which has your favorite barista.

You can indeed also order specialty coffee in the Main Dining Rooms, but they prepare it there with office-style automatic machines. While they use the same beans, the result is much lesser in my opinion and not worth a punch. I like to get a morning Late in La Patisserie and take it with me to the MDR for breakfast.

You didn't say what type of cabin you were sailing in but if you are a Diamond or above level you have access to the Diamond lounge which has a coffee machine available 24 hours a day because that is the priority of the concierge Natalia that that machine will be serviced and operable. If you are sailing in a grand suite regardless of your C&A status you have the machine available in the suite lounge from 7am to 9pm daily.

These machines make cappuccinos, lattes, expresso etc. both caffeinated and decaffeinated.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Any thoughts on the comparison between the cappuccinos at the various cafes (which people seem to indicate are similar, more dependent on the barista) & the concierge suite lounge machine?

Also, do any of the places have real milk (as opposed to UHT) - yes, a bit of a strange question but I just find UHT leaves a funny taste in coffee (and tea).

Speaking of tea, I guess tea is also available in the concierge suite lounge all the time?

Cheers!

On 1/21/2023 at 1:40 AM, gaz1 said:

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Any thoughts on the comparison between the cappuccinos at the various cafes (which people seem to indicate are similar, more dependent on the barista) & the concierge suite lounge machine?

Also, do any of the places have real milk (as opposed to UHT) - yes, a bit of a strange question but I just find UHT leaves a funny taste in coffee (and tea).

Speaking of tea, I guess tea is also available in the concierge suite lounge all the time?

Cheers!

UHT 🤔

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pittnh said:

UHT 🤔

ultra high temperature (shelf stable) milk. It’s real milk, just ultra pasteurized. 

The milk at the coffee counters comes in cartons and not jugs, etc. I’ve never had a problem with the milk onboard but taste is subjective. The windjammer has Individual non-UHT milk at breakfast. Take extra and keep in your mini fridge for afternoon tea. 

• Like 1