Crazy quest is back

17 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yuk I hate the Quest as I found in 2018 and 2019 more and more folks came with weird stuff in their bags so they could play.

I found the frantic running a bit hard to watch just hoping no one got injured.

Give me just a nice trivia thanks.

Same here.  I was hoping they would have taken the opportunity of the down time during the pandemic to come up with something new.  Sadly, they didn't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it is "crazy" "ENTERTAINMENT" that has no social redeeming value, at all.  If it isn't your thing, don't go.  If it isn't your thing because of you politics, agenda, ideology, don't go.  I don't agree with a lot of things that go on with a lot of things.  I just don't go to those events/locations.  I express my dislike by utilizing my vote, feet and wallet.  But, I don't try to social engineer in social media sites unless it is a political site, this ain't one of 'em.  

No, this is not intended to be a political post/discussion.  This is a behavior discussion for me.  Just let people enjoy what they want as long as it isn't hurting you, especially if you aren't even there.  I don't like ballet, I don't go.  I don't like liver, I don't eat it.  

• Like 7

On 1/7/2023 at 10:00 AM, mcatmcat said:

Leaving the Explorer right now and the “ crazy quest” is back. It was longer and funnier than ever. I’m glad they brought it back 

Glad to hear! Just got off Oasis, and although the quest was back, I didn't find it nearly as good as previous...I think it mainly has to do with the CD running it.

I hoped that with the time off Royal would have revamped the Quest (and some of the trivia) just a little.

It is still the same. Silly requests, Shania Twain at the end, men strutting around in lipstick and heels. 

It's  just a little tired and predictable.

How about some new things thrown in?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Is it still homo-  and transphobic?

IF you don't like it, than it's not for you.  If you are overly sensitive to your lifestyle, than it is also not for you.  Much "comedy" has people poking fun of themselves, there race, color, religion, nationality.  Those that don't like it should not go. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, queenfrostine22 said:

I hoped that with the time off Royal would have revamped the Quest (and some of the trivia) just a little.

It is still the same. Silly requests, Shania Twain at the end, men strutting around in lipstick and heels. 

It's  just a little tired and predictable.

How about some new things thrown in?

They've been to busy screwing with the MDR menus. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not going, if you don’t like is not the only answer. One may express their opinion about something they don’t like on cruises. 

Fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and
Walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.
And that's what it is, the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement, and
All you got to do to join is sing it the next time it come's around on the
Guitar.
  • Like 2

The reason for my liking the Quest so much isn't because of how it is organized, the repetitiveness or anything like that.  I'm a people watcher and I like to watch the Quest participants, how they react, what they are willing to do and so on.  The administration of the Quest could be the same for a hundred years but it's the people/participants that make it entertaining, for me.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Not going, if you don’t like is not the only answer. One may express their opinion about something they don’t like on cruises. 

Totally agree.  But, there is a time, place, and appropriateness for everything.   Hell, I've done my fair share of criticizing RCCL's IT department and Landside Operations in general and so has many others.  Lot's of opinions about food, too.  But, none of it, from what I've read, tried to make it about politics or social agendas.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

The reason for my liking the Quest so much isn't because of how it is organized, the repetitiveness or anything like that.  I'm a people watcher and I like to watch the Quest participants, how they react, what they are willing to do and so on.  The administration of the Quest could be the same for a hundred years but it's the people/participants that make it entertaining, for me.  

Exactly how we feel about Quest. 

• Thanks 1